Anybody else having trouble picking up gear oil at Walmart?

I've been to three Walmarts in my area, looking for 75 w 90, and I can't find any of the supertech.

I'm just wondering if it's a me thing or if there's a greater problem?

Buy some Valvoline....readily available almost anywhere
Except it isn't, I've seen one quart over the last three stores. By the time I went to the second store if it was available I would have sucked it up and bought it.

I could go to a parts house, but all their markups seem excessive. The Valvoline at O'Reilly's is $8 more

1639427009953.jpg

It's not as cheap as Supertech but surprisingly it's not excluded from the promo code.

I found some Mystik 75w90 gear oil at farm and fleet for less than $7 per quart. It seems good. I put it in my 2005 Jeep when I rebuilt the rearend and did a fluid change in my Ram recently.

Just my $0.02

I was inclined to say, no, it's not that heavy.
I checked oil at my local Walmart yesterday. There was only one bag of Valvolene and a couple of normal squeeze tip bottles of V and M1. No blue bottles of ST.

No local gallon jugs of 80w90 locally.

I just drained the differentials on the jeep to get the breakin material out. Going to have to order from the website or try to pick up at tractor supply or something.

Gear oil has been spotty and pricey. Auto Zone had Chevron Delo full syn for a good price with free shipping and an extra $10 discount so now the barn has 6 qts in my stash. " Luck favors the prepared" Edna Mode.

Advance has some in stock on their website but doesn't actually have anything.

Maybe I should have stocked up on this instead of engine oil?

Back