Any problem using Chinese air filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My car asks for Denso air filter which is, naturally, a little expensive and selectively available in some shops in my city. widely available ones are chinese. I change air filter every month due to air quality and dust.

What's your take on using these Chinese ones and not original Denso air filters?

You may want to install "Air Filter Monitor" to the air box, the air filter may look dirty but still useful, only with a monitor you will know when to change the filter.

Changing air filter every month is excessive, with monitor kit you may not need to change air filter for many months or even years, so that you can use more expensive but better quality Denso filter.

The "air quality and dust" of your surrounding environment will do more to wreck your car than what brand or COO of your filter you use.

Do note, a somewhat dirty filter is more effective at grabbing dust because it's biggest holes/ pores are already full.

If you're somewhere really dusty, make sure everything is sealed tight on your air intake-- use grease or silicone if needed.

Originally Posted By: 95busa
Other than trade imbalances and artificially leveraged currency, nope.

+1.

Id be wary of quality, especially third world to third world. Who knows what kind of off-spec, counterfeit, incorrect stuff you may get. Be careful...

If its a name brand like wix or fram its probly ok.but I would search for one made in usa,mexico,canada etc. But you may not have that option where you are .

X2 on the filter restriction guage.

I live in Mexico, also very dusty. Maybe I can offer you some advice.

Get the Denso filter, make sure it is installed properly and all clamps and connections are tight. Leave it installed for the distance specified in your owner's manual and/or warranty policy. This distance is probably going to be something like 20,000 or 25,000 Km. Leave it alone for the specified distance, then change it.

In Mexico most people are on a 5,000 Km change your air filter kick. The number one cause of undue engine wear is changing the air filter too often, using cheap air filters and air filters that don't fit.

Given the air quality in may Chinese cities, air filtration may be an industry where they excel
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Given the air quality in may Chinese cities, air filtration may be an industry where they excel
smile.gif

Thats true... look in YOU TUBE and searach CHINA DIRTY SECRET

or just search CHINA COAL

I used to think they wore them masks b.c of FLU but its b.c of SMOG....

Some cities you can even see them anymore from space, they are 100% covered with smog

You see cars with there headlights on in the DAY TIME!!!!

I've heard that 30 minutes after you install a Chinese air filter, you feel like installing another one.

Originally Posted By: [censored
]I've heard that 30 minutes after you install a Chinese air filter, you feel like installing another one.

lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back