Any opinion on Kida Sedona ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a rental 2010 at Peurto Rico and it was pretty good. I did see the oil pressure light flickering randomly when stopped at a stoplight. On a van with 24K miles, that was not expected!

It had auto-stick which was fun to shift manually. It had lot of torque at low speed but felt as it was running out of steam at speed. The mileage was pretty poor; I put almost 85 liters for driving 460 miles. This was base model with short wheel base and did not have power sliding doors. The quality of interior was cheap. I am hoping that next model has better material.

I would appreciate hearing from owners of this vehicle.

- Vikas

P.S. In PR, there are three types of drivers 1) Very aggressive, 2) Completely oblivious and 3) Tourists.

The first two never use turn signals. The first group is truly maniac. Most of the cars are beat up. Surprisingly lots and lots of Mitsu, Kia, Hyundais ...

Being a rental, it was probably low on oil, or it had never been changed.

I think the Sedona is a pretty good product. The key to a satisfactory owner experience seems to be buying from a dealer with a good rep and service department. Do not buy ex-rental vehicles.

It did have latest oil change sticker from PepBoys on the windshield.

I want at least 200K, 15yrs out of my vehicles with only routine maintenance and not being left stranded on the side of the road. Is that doable on that Kia Sedona ?

Last edited:
Quote:
Any opinion on Kida Sedona ?

Never heard of "Kida"
wink.gif

I think it's doable. I'd get a manual and see what the routine maintenace entails. Having a 10 year/100k mile powertrain warranty, there may be specific services needed to keep the warranty in effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back