Any Love for Air Cooled Diesel Generators?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kurt_L
Would you mind sharing where you purchased it? Was it an online auction house?

thanks,

Kurt

Sure Kurt,
Go to Govdeals.com web site. It is an online auction, set up similar to eBay. Put your zip code into the location box at the top - along with how far you are willing to drive to pick up any item, US government municipalities are selling. I suppose you could arrange pickup and shipping from any out of state item.

You'd be surprised the stuff, equipment and outdoor power equipment, your state and local municipalities are selling at auction. In my case, there were 3 Subaru Robin, 3 kw diesel generators to be had that were previously owned by US Air Force. All three sold for $100 - $300. All with 10 - 200 hours on them near my house. Also, the two Honda EB12D DIESEL generators to be had - with 2 & 100 hours on them that were Air Force owned, that had been sitting for 10 year. One of those sold for $2900.

When you buy some of these items, like I do, you have to bring them home, under the cover of darkness, in the back of my pickup truck. Otherwise the wife would go ballistic, coming home in the middle of the day. Three months later, when she asks, "where did that generator come from", you just have to answer, "it has been there for quite a while". You know, like the clothes in HER closet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back