Any idea when Michelin Defender 2 goes on sale?

My 2009 Honda Odyssey needs new tires. I mean, it's probably needed new tires for a while, but the right rear has a slow leak that has me topping it off about every other day, so it's really time to get new tires. I normally buy them at Costco, which is where I got the X-Tour A/S T+H the wheels are wearing now, but they have been out of stock in both the Defender T+H and the X-Tour A/S T+H for a few weeks now. I checked Discount Tire, and I noticed they list the Michelin Defender 2 as coming soon:
Michelin Defender 2

The top of the class just got even better. Built on the foundation of the Defender T+H, the Michelin Defender 2 scores top marks in all categories. A huge mileage warranty, more available sizes, better stopping distances and all-season grip? Sign us up!

Michelin Defender 2 Features
If you like the Michelin Defender T+H, you’re going to love the Michelin Defender 2, its leveled-up big brother. With a slew of upgraded, updated and entirely new features, the Defender 2 doesn’t just help you get where you need to go, it’ll make sure you have fun along the way.
The Michelin website has no mention of the Defender 2, so I'm guessing it's not going to hit the shelves before I have to bite the bullet and buy new tires in the next week or so. But has anyone heard of these before, or does anyone know where Michelin is at in terms of getting stores restocked?

My 2009 Honda Odyssey needs new tires. I mean, it's probably needed new tires for a while, but the right rear has a slow leak that has me topping it off about every other day, so it's really time to get new tires. I normally buy them at Costco, which is where I got the X-Tour A/S T+H the wheels are wearing now, but they have been out of stock in both the Defender T+H and the X-Tour A/S T+H for a few weeks now. I checked Discount Tire, and I noticed they list the Michelin Defender 2 as coming soon:

The Michelin website has no mention of the Defender 2, so I'm guessing it's not going to hit the shelves before I have to bite the bullet and buy new tires in the next week or so. But has anyone heard of these before, or does anyone know where Michelin is at in terms of getting stores restocked?
What about Michelin Cross Climate2. Really like them on my SUV.

Welcome to BITOG 🥳

I looked them up, and found Summit Racing saying they'll be available in June. For example, the size 215/55-16 part number 11141 will be ship on 6/17

But the CrossClimate2 is worth looking at, if you can't wait the 2 months :unsure:

Check Costco. right now they have $150 off 4 Michelin tires.

Also check into Cooper. I had used only Michelin for decades but started switching to Cooper. Only one experience so far but it's been great. Michelin and Discount tires did some nasty warranty related issue/failure with me and I dumped them both and switching over to Cooper. btw, I dumped Les Schwab long ago. They like to change all your brake parts even if only a 3 years old new car from factory!

Last edited:
Discount Tire has $110 off Michelin Tires into May some time. Instant rebate if purchased online to be installed at one of their stores.

I'd buy the CrossClimate 2 if Michelin made them in a 235/65R16, but unfortunately, they do not. I called the tire shop at the local Costco, and unfortunately, they don't have any of the Defenders or X-Tours in stock, nor does their distributor have any available.
It already has one off-brand tire on the left front that my wife got at Walmart when she got a flat while working as a travel nurse in Florida. I may just buy one replacement tire and see if I can wait out the Michelin shortage. Or, who knows, maybe the van doesn't make it that far anyway... it's got about 215,000 miles on it, and the engine's getting grumpy and leaking oil these days.

Back