Any Fiero owners here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are several HDEOs you could use in 10w30 that have an old school add pack similar to the type of oil that was originally called for it.
I dunno if it's necessary?
Drove one of those a bit back in my Navy days. Really enjoyed it.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Originally Posted by hunter2929
I have an 86 GT with 14,000 original miles, this flat tappit engine has me a bit confused on what oil I should use.

Can anyone help ?

thanks

Naw...previous owners are toasted.
27.gif

Don't laugh but when they came out I wanted one bad!

57.gif

Oh I get it. A classmate in HS had one. At the time it reminded me of a small Ferrari.

Originally Posted by GMBoy
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
I have an 86 GT with 14,000 original miles, this flat tappit engine has me a bit confused on what oil I should use.

Can anyone help ?

thanks

Naw...previous owners are toasted.
27.gif

Only the 4cyl model and only 1984. He has the GT which is the 2.8 V6

Lighten up princess ! I was making a joke...
thumbsup2.gif

Can anyone help ?

thanks

I had an 84 Firebird and an 88 S-10 both with the 2.8 v6. Sold both with 220k on them with zero engine issues. Both got Castrol GTX 5w-30 and AC Delco filters their entire lives.

Originally Posted by tojo1968

Can anyone help ?

thanks

I had an 84 Firebird and an 88 S-10 both with the 2.8 v6. Sold both with 220k on them with zero engine issues. Both got Castrol GTX 5w-30 and AC Delco filters their entire lives.

Thanks for that info..

I had a chance to get one as a loaner and it was my Go-To ride for winter skiing and volunteering with an adaptive program. I was laid up from a nasty car crash and rehabbing out of that, I got in touch with an adaptive ski program to help others.
Commuting to NW of Denver was a 3000 mile season but that '86 GT railed on Blizzaks and was more smiles per mile than anything purpose-made for snow, ice and avalanche season. It was a fun car to drive and I had a window mount gizmo for hauling the skis. I was also able to get my mtn bike in the there other times with removal for the front tire and seat post.
Not the best thing for Colorado SUV needs but you take what you can get at the time and 'adapt'.
grin.gif

No getting around the fact it was fun, reliable and gorgeous in the bright red with BBS-looking wheels. Never knew it came as a T-top ,,, cool picture.

Originally Posted by bachman
I had a chance to get one as a loaner and it was my Go-To ride for winter skiing and volunteering with an adaptive program. I was laid up from a nasty car crash and rehabbing out of that, I got in touch with an adaptive ski program to help others.
Commuting to NW of Denver was a 3000 mile season but that '86 GT railed on Blizzaks and was more smiles per mile than anything purpose-made for snow, ice and avalanche season. It was a fun car to drive and I had a window mount gizmo for hauling the skis. I was also able to get my mtn bike in the there other times with removal for the front tire and seat post.
Not the best thing for Colorado SUV needs but you take what you can get at the time and 'adapt'.
grin.gif

No getting around the fact it was fun, reliable and gorgeous in the bright red with BBS-looking wheels. Never knew it came as a T-top ,,, cool picture.

Yeah the one in the pic is sweet..it almost does look like a mini (older) Lotus Esprit's, remember those? Now I'm all nostalgic about the Fiero...lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back