Any experience with Eneos Import ATF Model H?

For owners of older Honda and Acura vehicles, sources to buy DW1 and Z1 ATF fluid seem to be shrinking unless you want to pay top dollar at a dealer. I see Eneos Import ATF Model H fluid at Napa, and it's specifically for Honda and Acura DW1 and Z1 applications. I'm planning my 3rd drain and fill on the Ridgeline and at a discounted $7.64 a quart at Napa, it's reasonably priced. I feel the Eneos should be a better fit than adding Maxlife or another universal ATF to the existing DW1.

Any informed opinions are welcome.

Last edited:
How old is older? I've been using Maxlife for at least 100,000 miles in the Accord and it has worked great as far as I can tell. Of course I use it in everything including my Tiguan and others, but I've never had any sort of issue with it.

For owners of older Honda and Acura vehicles, sources to buy DW1 and Z1 ATF fluid seem to be shrinking unless you want to pay top dollar at a dealer.
How much do you pay at dealers ? I get it for around $8/quart.

How old is older? I've been using Maxlife for at least 100,000 miles in the Accord and it has worked great as far as I can tell. Of course I use it in everything including my Tiguan and others, but I've never had any sort of issue with it.
My concern is mixing 3.5 quarts of universal fluid with the existing DW1 fluid.

My concern is mixing 3.5 quarts of universal fluid with the existing DW1 fluid.
I'm pretty sure I did that several years ago when I switched to Maxlife. Prior to that I used to buy OEM fluid at the dealership when they gave a discount off a whole case. They stopped that and it's when I went to Maxlife. I usually do a 3X drain and fill.

My closest Honda dealer ... is 43 miles away.
Ouch. I guess I'm spoiled. Not in a "big" city by any means, but there are 3-4 Honda dealers within ~20 minutes of home and 2 more a little further. I'm stocked up from the Amazon pricing error too. We had (2) Hondas so my son and I bought 2 x 6-pack when Amazon was almost giving them away for less than $20, but our son ended up totaling his Accord.

UPDATE: Since Eneos recently changed its packaging for this fluid from a gray bottle to a red bottle (same formula), I just got a crazy good price on eBay of $42.02 for a case of 12 quarts with free shipping. $3.50 a quart is dirt cheap. The seller in Beaverton, OR still has one case left for sale on eBay. Eneos Import ATF Model H for Honda and Acura vehicles that take DW-1 fluid.

Back