any decent TV deals?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any decent satellite tv deals out there guys?

I am paying 74.99 to time warner for a basic HDTV package (1 box), and another tv in the bedroom is hooked up to regular cable (no box).

Thinking about dumping them for satellite, not sure if anyone knows of any good promos going on.

I need to have HD Service in 2 rooms.

Also, no i don't want to stream stuff, do netflix, roku, whatever, or cancel my service all together. I work in IT, and at the end of the day don't want to mess with more tech stuff. Just want to look at the idiot tube.

I seriously don't even care what channels I get, just locals plus a few more channels would be nice.

Thanks..

Go directv- i have it and love it and usually have some promo where they will set you up for a few rooms. For me - it is cheaper than cable.

We have DirecTv and love it. Never watch live TV anymore, we DVR everything and watch it on our time.
smile.gif

Dish is your best answer.

If you don't care about sports, which is about the ONLY reason to pay for DirecTV which is much more expensive than Dish and you don't get any more value, plus their customer service is HORRIBLE at DirecTV. I encountered the most obnoxious attitude from DirecTV than at ANY OTHER business I have dealt with.

Last edited:
Yup get Directv. $24.99 for first 10 months, then $49.99 afterwards. $6.00 extra per month per bedroom. Free installation as well

We've had Direct for seven years now (Texas and Pa - all the same) and wouldn't go with any other at this point....we're very satisfied.

You can't go wrong with Dish or Direct, both are solid values. The only downside is you'll need to stick with cable or the telco for internet. Satellite Guys is the BITOG of satellite TV - more info than you want. If you decide to go with Dish, they have embedded CSRs (referred to as the DIRT Team) that you can PM on that site and they can usually hook you up with a good deal.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/

Satellite completely sux compared to hardwired fiber optic cable if it is available in your area. However if you are in area with no fiber then satellite may be option. Just be aware of downsides around weather - hard rain or sometimes just strong winds and you get significantly degraded or no signal. And trying to use satellite for internet is a pretty bad plan unless you have no other choice because you are located in super boondocks.

Last edited:
Dish without a doubt IMO, we've had Dish for 15 years now, hooked up in two rooms Top 240 package with 1 preminum and local stations. They have a special right now, my monthly bill runs approx. $60.00.

We are moving into a new house in NC, and I decided that we would stick with TWC for internet, but give DirecTV a try for at least one contract period. We are getting the Xtra (~210 channels) with the Genie, and 2genie minis (so 3TVs total) for ~$80/mo after tax for the first year, and probably about $110 for the second year. Which is comparable if not cheaper than what it would be from Time Warner.

Yeah when we lived in NY, we had Verizon FIOS tv and internnet.

This was several years ago.

They were great for tv and internet.

Now out here, we are on outskirts of a major city, almost rural area. We only have one cable company, time warner. They are the only ISP here also.

I like direct tv, but i dont sign contracts for anything so i dont use them.

I use an HD antenna, was $25. Get 10 channels, most in HD. Have netflix
for 8.99 a month. Dont miss direct tv, but then again i dont watch much tv anymore.

Im not spending 600 a year for 100 channels i dont watch.

IMO, if you don't like $75 cable bill now, you're not going to like the $50-60 satellite bill a year from now once the promo period ends. It's all a rip off. I pay TWC $164/mo for TV, land line and internet. The thought sickens me, but cell service is terrible at my home and you can have any high speed internet service you want, provided it's TWC or Verizon DSL.

Yeah, read the fine print. Those intro offers have a sudden jump after a year. Very tiny print it seems. I get spam for cable tv multiple times per week. Its kinda embarassing how much junk mail they send.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back