Any concerns over a 2015 F150 Supercrew 3.5l Ecoboost? 150k miles.

wlk

Toying with the idea of getting a newer truck since I am not able to diy as much. Don't want to buy a new one and found a very clean 15' F150 Ecoboost. For towing our camper it would be great, has the 3.73 rear. Stealership priced at $22k but that is just list. 6sp auto, pretty truck just saw it on the way home and looked it up online.

Question is are they reliable enough to consider with this amount of mileage?
Thanks

Service records? If they're meticulous and the tail pipe isn't loaded with burns oil residue and the trans shifts fine when being floored just a minuite after a cold start I'd say it's a decent buy if you knock them down a couple 4 digit pegs.

Reactions: wlk
There’s no way I’d drop that kind of coin on a nearly 9-yo truck with 150k. Those are also the 6 spds, so mileage will be in mid-teens at best. Aluminum body is nice, but I’d hold off for an ‘18 or newer for multiple engineering reasons.
The 6 speeds are more reliable though, I have the same transmission in my Navi with 155K.

It is pricey but everything around here is. I wasn't too concerned with the mpg w the 6spd and more of reliability after reading about issues w the 10spd. My Expedition gets 14mpgs city and 17-18mpgs hwy so used to it.

Another dealer had about the same year Tundra w same miles and wanted almost $28k for it.

The 6 speeds are more reliable though, I have the same transmission in my Navi with 155K.
When those MYs were new, and both vehicles inside factory powertrain warranty, you’re probably right, but nothing earth-shattering. Now, outside of warranty and on the far side of 100k, I’d say as long as both transmissions have had some sort of service, the odds are maybe even?

Need more data points to take emotions out of the overall reliability, but my ‘19 is at 72k without a problem even at the 400+ rwhp level.

At first glance I like the idea... that kind of mileage shows use, in a good way. Look it over closely for stuff like dings in the bed, seat wear, stuff that shows heavy commercial use. You like the rest of us would be better off in a highway-miles, mall-crawler.

No comment on the price. Single cab? A single cab 2wd should be cheaper than the competition.

It is pricey but everything around here is. I wasn't too concerned with the mpg w the 6spd and more of reliability after reading about issues w the 10spd. My Expedition gets 14mpgs city and 17-18mpgs hwy so used to it.

Another dealer had about the same year Tundra w same miles and wanted almost $28k for it.
Right now repos are exploding and dealers are getting desperate to sell inventory now so they send their lot inventory to auction to get a quick buck to stay cash flow positive and meet capital obligations even if it means losing a bit because they didn't want to wait a couple more weeks for a sheep to get fleeced. The bubble is undoubtedly starting to finally pop. I'd say to wait a bit. The light at the end of the tunnel is coming into view.

At first glance I like the idea... that kind of mileage shows use, in a good way. Look it over closely for stuff like dings in the bed, seat wear, stuff that shows heavy commercial use. You like the rest of us would be better off in a highway-miles, mall-crawler.

No comment on the price. Single cab? A single cab 2wd should be cheaper than the competition.
It is a Crew cab and 4wd. Wish it was 2wd, don't need 4wd but do need cab and a half or 4 doors. It was shiney, pics looked clean online and probably a garage princess. Tried to look up Carfax but the dlr uses something else and didn't have a lot of 8nfo available. Not many svc records, one minor accident in the side it said, so we'll see.

It is a Crew cab and 4wd. Wish it was 2wd, don't need 4wd but do need cab and a half or 4 doors. It was shiney, pics looked clean online and probably a garage princess. Tried to look up Carfax but the dlr uses something else and didn't have a lot of 8nfo available. Not many svc records, one minor accident in the side it said, so we'll see.
I'd keep looking for that 2wd you're dreaming of... imagine the eight winters of salt it would have mostly avoided, in theory at least. Ask yourself why you're settling for this truck, because it's "pretty?"

If you're on the fence, lowball them and walk, that way you can tell yourself you didn't get it because it was the dealer's fault.

150k and the ecoboost will start to give most people issues. Ask Ford mechanics, the dealers have piles of cores. It's a big risk for $22k
Thanks, not a Ford guy, bought my first Ford 2 yrs ago and I hadn't followed them but love my 04' Expedition.

Right now repos are exploding and dealers are getting desperate to sell inventory now so they send their lot inventory to auction to get a quick buck to stay cash flow positive and meet capital obligations even if it means losing a bit because they didn't want to wait a couple more weeks for a sheep to get fleeced. The bubble is undoubtedly starting to finally pop. I'd say to wait a bit. The light at the end of the tunnel is coming into view.
Have you tried buying a Ford Maverick or any Toyota product? You seem to be telling everyone what they want to hear- but market conditions with new vehicles ( which used cars mirror) are not bearing out what you are saying .

Have you tried buying a Ford Maverick or any Toyota product? You seem to be telling everyone what they want to hear- but market conditions with new vehicles ( which used cars mirror) are not bearing out what you are saying .
It's just now beginning not already in full swing, It's why i said to wait, It's working. About 4-5 months months ago i was looking at a maverick but every single one had a 5k addendum. But that was before financing companies were getting uneasy and repos were shooting and buyers were dwindling with lots filling up again. But my local ford dealer removed the addendum, still has a lot of accessories added on i wouldn't pay for. Brought it down from 30k to 25k. But I'll wait and see. I don't like msrp either.

He's asking about a 150k mile used truck not a new limited production vehicle like a Maverick.

He's asking about a 150k mile used truck not a new limited production vehicle like a Maverick.
Understand. However-the post I responded too is not based in market reality at present.
"Used vehicles mirror new vehicles in pricing trends." I said that quite clearly. And the sales price of used trucks-in particular prove that out.

Back