Any cars you feel "Need More Tire?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Eric Smith
Originally Posted By: PFP
My 1980 Ford Fiesta came with Michelin XZX 145-SR-12's. That is 145/80-12. Looked like medium sized dinner plates, and just as thick.

Same as the Festiva. The Festiva definitely ride's and handle's better with 13's either 155 or 175. The Aspire's came stock with 155-13's stock and alot better with 175-13's. With my current cars the stock setups seem adequate. Could go wider on the Focus but since I doesn't have a rear sway bar would be pointless.

The Aspires came with 165-70-13 but 175-70-13 were better available.

The stock 245/50-20 on my CX9 suit the vehicle just about perfectly in my opinion. The sidewalls even sit out just enough so that a minor kerb rub doesn't scratch the rim. The only thing I don't like about them is the price!

Good old 215/60-16 on my Falcon, cheap as chips, so I don't even care that the wheel alignment is out and causes the front ones to scrub...

The '87 Regal Turbo I had (it was a T-Type version of the Grand National) couldn't be floored until about 40 MPH or the rear tires would just smoke...it needed MUCH more tire...

Originally Posted By: grampi
The '87 Regal Turbo I had (it was a T-Type version of the Grand National) couldn't be floored until about 40 MPH or the rear tires would just smoke...it needed MUCH more tire...

My cutlass was like that once we installed a 350 target master. Going from the 305 to that 350 was like going from a Camry to a corvette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back