Antifreeze Disposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is a good place to dispose of old antifreeze? I take my oil to Autozone or Advance Auto, but I've never seen a place that takes antifreeze.

Jon

depending on local regulations you may be allowed to pour it down the sewer (never storm drain
nono.gif
) contact your local water management if not they will also know where to take it

according to a training video I saw at work (about deicing) EG is broken down in a few days in the environment by algae and bacteria but until it is it is very toxic and the bacteria that "eat" it can remove all of the oxygen from the water killing everything else in the water that was not killed by the toxic effects, also EG from a car will also contain heavy metals from the solder in the radiator witch will not break down

My local Honda dealer will accept used antifreeze. You might try a few dealerships around your area. They're disposing of that stuff all the time. My little bit isn't a drop in the bucket for them.

Meeooow, Wooof ! just joking, just joking!
I use to drain in the front yard... Now I just go to the mechanic shop. You might call the autoparts store and ask.

quote:

Originally posted by JonC:
Thanks for the replies. I'll call around.

Jon

Give you local dump/waste disposal site a call. If they don't take it they should know who does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back