Anti seize question

Have an application where white anti seize was suggested.

This is on upper control arms

I need to put on stainless steel uni-ball joints and between stainless mounts and steel cups

do I need to purchase white anti seize or will the silver work or could I even just use synthetic brake caliper grease. I doesn’t see high heat.

First, protect them with these- only then would you want to think about lubing / antiseeze them. The joints if lubed/ antiseeze from road use& unprotected by boots would wear them out faster from road grit than if you let them run dry. In general, heim type joints are not a long lasting end for street applications

Not entirely sure what “white” anti seize is...

is there a part/product number?

I agree with the Nickel recommendation. Or else look into some “marine” type which is mostly moly and graphite IIRC.

First, protect them with these- only then would you want to think about lubing / antiseeze them. The joints if lubed/ antiseeze from road use& unprotected by boots would wear them out faster from road grit than if you let them run dry. In general, heim type joints are not a long lasting end for street applications

The anitseize would only be used where the outside of the uniball cup is pressed into the a-arm. It would really just allow the uniball to be easily removed at a later time

I have some of the silver looking anti seize. Any issue using it between the stainless steel And the regular steel or chrome moly

Well learned something new...never knew there was such a thing as white anti seize. And after reading about it, yup, I’d probably recommend it for this application over the silver stuff. The white is supposedly free of aluminum and other things that might corrode the stainless steel. It’s cooking grade.

Back