Another Good Oil Samaritan Comes Through!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another BITOG member was nice enough to donate some oil to our worthy cause. Member eagle23 PM'ed this past Saturday wanting to know if he could donate some Pennzoil Platinum 15W50 oil to us. He had suggested we could make some FrakenBrew out of it if we were not to use it in one engine. So, that's what we are going to do. We will add it to some 0W20 and 5W20 to use in some of the older vehicles we do OCI's on.
This just goes to show you that no matter what the BITOG members have in their oil stash, they will go by what their heart tells them and share it with the less fortunate!
Brian, thank you sir! May God Bless you and your family!
smile.gif

Oh, one more thing. Brian has volunteered to buy ST oil from WM and have us pick it up at my local WM. I thanked him and told him if ever we get in a predicament where we really need to do this we would call upon him! That's someone with a huge heart, just as all of the other BITOG members with their huge hearts that have donated oil and filters!
smile.gif

thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

jq5pio.jpg

Where are people finding that stuff? It's on Pennzoil's pds,and they said in an email it's currently being made. I never see it anywhere.

I like Brian's idea of buying oil and having you pick it up at a local WM.

If you need supplies, let me know and I will do my best to help out.

Carry on...

Originally Posted By: Milkman

Carry on...

Thank you sir, that is very nice of you. I think with the pace we are on with donations we are going to be ok. But, it's very good to know that there are people out there that are willing to help!
smile.gif

Carry on...

Agree.

Buying oil from Walmart and do local pickup is much easier and less costly. Shipping a case of 6 quarts across the country is not cheap, may be as much as regular every day price at Walmart.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Carry on...

Agree.

Buying oil from Walmart and do local pickup is much easier and less costly. Shipping a case of 6 quarts across the country is not cheap, may be as much as regular every day price at Walmart.

You know, you're 100% correct. I never thought of it like that.
But, those that have helped out so far have had the oil in their stash already. So, it would be cheaper to send it than to buy it again, I think.
confused2.gif

All I know is that there are some very good members on this site with HUGE hearts!
thumbsup2.gif
34.gif

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Milkman said:

That is definitely true...it's more expensive.

However, I had that oil for well over a year with nothing to use it in when I saw Blue Oval's posts and what he and his friends are doing. It only made sense to send it to him...the work he and his cohorts are doing is meaningful. Like I told him, these kinds of actions might seem minor but can actually change people's lives...I'm all about that.

BTW the WM idea also applies to oil filters, air filters, etc. when Blue Oval's team needs them. Per the local store contacts here, all that's needed is the local WM store number where the other person is (Blue Oval, find out for the future, yes?). List the other person as the "alternate contact". They show ID when it's ready to be picked up and are good to go.

Thanks to all for the kudos.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back