And ANOTHER Score !!! I NEED "HELP" !! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man I think I have a "Problem" lol

So I was visiting my bro and his family In Dallas again, Had some "Fun" cash to play with and picked up this from a wholesaler who thought the engine and trans was bad, They weren't lol

CLEAN Texas title
01 1500HD crew cab 4x4
6.0 LQ4/4L80 trans
Electronic transfer case
3:73 Posi rear disc
1 Owner
148K miles
COLD A/C

New TIres
New Water pump and Alternator
Brakes and shocks all good
Trans fluid is fresh red

Aside from a radio and rear tailgate latches, My ASE tech looked it over and He recommended a Upper steering shaft, Tune up, Oil flush/Change, Rear Diff service, Serp belt and tensioner, Transfer case serviced.........That's all !!! NO LEAKS !!!

Right after I paid for it, Got in my car and pulled up Amazon and ordered a Ecogard air filter, stant gas cap and ecogard fuel filter lol

2 fronts are getting 15% tint and have a bluetooth radio installed next week
smile.gif

Plan is gonna fix her up and haul her to Chicago this fall since a rust free texas crew cab will sell for $$$ up there lol
wink.gif

.........................But the police equipped 2010 Crown vic for $700 I have to see next week is VERY VERY tempting lol

Now guys, Guess how much I STOLE this for ?? he he
13.gif

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by clinebarger
You sure it has 3.73 gears?....."GT4" RPO?

Yup, I have a compnine account and ran the vin

GT4 AXLE,REAR,3.73 RATIO 3.73R(GT4) 13,179
G80 AXLE,REAR,POSITRACTION,LIMITED SLIP POSITRACTION L/SLIP R/AXL(G80)

I will guess... $2000. (I was originally going to guess $500.)

No problem here.. Healthy young man.
01.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by GMguy84
picked up this from a wholesaler who thought the engine and trans was bad, They weren't lol

Why did he think that?

There are lots of those available around here dirt cheap-$3000 to $4000 is common with low mileage-mileage that high would cut the value by about 1/3. Sounds like that one needed some significant repair work, so that would also lower the value by a fair bit.

Around here, running, everything else as you stated, it's a $2000 advertised price. Best offer might be around $1500. Nothing I'd get too excited about.

Yikes you guys must live in anti-truck regions lol . Paid $1700 cash

Clean Trucks like these in Oklahoma go for $5000-7000 cause of the low miles, 4x4 and its a heavy duty crew cab model

Dave

Originally Posted by atikovi
I'm guessing $3-$4k. It'll bring at least $3,000 at any dealer auction in the country so he would be stupid to sell it to you for much less.

paid $1700 out the door

Originally Posted by Linctex
picked up this from a wholesaler who thought the engine and trans was bad, They weren't lol

Why did he think that?

Cause I wanted the truck and had to hustle my words for him drop the price down

15+ years in the auto business, I know ALL the "Games" lol

Dave

paid $1700 out the door
Even if the engine and/or transmission WERE bad, it was a steal!
In addition to what the mechanic suggested, I recommend replacing those foggy headlamp assemblies (not worth restoring since they are well under $100 a set on ebay), getting the upholstery repaired, having it professionally detailed, and getting the instrument cluster rebuilt if it is bad (a common problem on these). A clean rust-free low mile Texas 4x4 crew cab HD with very few picks should easily bring $10k or more in Chicago.

Originally Posted by atikovi
I'm guessing $3-$4k. It'll bring at least $3,000 at any dealer auction in the country so he would be stupid to sell it to you for much less.

paid $1700 out the door

Then seller wasn't too bright. Coulda made $1,000 more taking it to auction. Reminds me of a Honda I bought last year for $100. Automatic shifter messed up so car wouldn't even turn over in park and key wouldn't turn in ignition to put it in neutral. Started up fine after overriding the interlock thing,

Originally Posted by wag123
paid $1700 out the door
Even if the engine and/or transmission WERE bad, it was a steal!
In addition to what the mechanic suggested, I recommend replacing those foggy headlamp assemblies (not worth restoring since they are well under $100 a set on ebay), getting the upholstery repaired, having it professionally detailed, and getting the instrument cluster rebuilt if it is bad (a common problem on these). A clean rust-free low mile Texas 4x4 crew cab HD with very few picks should easily bring $10k or more in Chicago.

Oh ya this thing will be SOLD FAST once its in Chicago !!

Not to worried about Uphostry and fog lights lol I'm ordereding new headlights and turns on ebay today $60, The cluster issues were on the '03 and newer trucks. My 03 is having those issues right now
smirk.gif

I detailed a NASTY '06 Crown vic cop car in 45 min, So I feel I can handle it with my STP degreaser wipes and Sprayway glass cleaner lol
laugh.gif

Dave

Originally Posted by clinebarger
You sure it has 3.73 gears?....."GT4" RPO?

Yup, I have a compnine account and ran the vin

GT4 AXLE,REAR,3.73 RATIO 3.73R(GT4) 13,179
G80 AXLE,REAR,POSITRACTION,LIMITED SLIP POSITRACTION L/SLIP R/AXL(G80)

I thought it was a 2500HD which was only available with 4.10's with the LQ4 6.0L.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back