AMSOIL's Briteside Rain Clear alternative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, long time no see.

Now that AMSOIL has discontinued BriteSide rain clear, what should I use? I don't care for Aquapel's price. Rain-X just doesn't work as well as the Rain Clear did.

I never tried the Amsoil one....though I use a lot of Amsoil productes. I have always used Rain X. Don't remember seeing you here in awhile.

I used to use the Wally World brand of Rain X. Seemed to work OK, and was cheaper. Last few times there all I have seen was Rain X brand. I would like to know the best product out there?

I advise you not to use those kinds of products. They can create dangerous levels of glare at night when it is raining.

Not in my experience. I've driven year-roiund with Rain-X for years. The little beads of water create less glare than the broad film of water left on windows without Rain-X. Driving a station wagon without a rear window wiper back a few years ago made me appreciate how much more I could see through beaded water than through an inconsistent film of water. The film left everything smeary, while the beads were far more distinct.

Originally Posted By: dparm
I advise you not to use those kinds of products. They can create dangerous levels of glare at night when it is raining.

I agree. I cannot stand driving vehicles with rain treatment applied. Yuck!

I've never had a glare problem and I've been using it for 5 or 6 years. Maybe you just didn't wipe it off well enough.

Since rain-x is a wax, I can see how it could create a problem. But AMSOIL's product was top-notch and one of my favorite things they sold. So that's why I'm trying to find an alternative product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back