Amsoil XL 5w20?

DR1

How much difference from the Amsoil XL vs Amsoil Sig. Series regarding the additive package, etc?
Should I spend the money on the XL or just stick with what I always use which is Pennzoil Ultra Platinum ?

Attachments

• amsoil.jpg
    amsoil.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 52
  • amsoil 2.jpg
    amsoil 2.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 53
The difference is in the base oil blend and the required additive package to meet or exceed the performance requirements of the blended oil.
then XL oil will allow you engine to live way past your ownership of the vehicle.

I emailed Amsoil and asked what the difference in the regular XL vs the XL boosted. The reg. XL is not on their website.

I emailed Amsoil and asked what the difference in the regular XL vs the XL boosted. The reg. XL is not on their website.
Just got off the phone with Amsoil tech support regarding the reg. XL as apposed to the current XL Boosted that is current for sale on the Amsoil website. Tech support did tell me that the reg XL oil is not as good as the Pennzoil Ultra platinum oil. The additive package Pennzoil Ultra Platinum is better.

Honestly if you are going oem intervals I’d just use a good brand from the parts store. The dealer explained to me if the oci is to be 5k miles and you use amsoil and go over the 5k it’s still not covered under warranty even if the oil is extended drain. I just buy whatever is on sale

How much difference from the Amsoil XL vs Amsoil Sig. Series regarding the additive package, etc?
Should I spend the money on the XL or just stick with what I always use which is Pennzoil Ultra Platinum ?
AMSOIL Signature Series is PAO+POE, and better than Pennzoil Ultra Platinum.

AMSOIL XL is your run of the mill Group III oil, not better than PUP.

Alternatively, go with Mobil 1 Extended Performance, especially for 0W-20.

Based upon what?
Search the archives for when Pennzoil first introduced PU during the days of SM oils. See how it evolved and changed when the SN forumlation came out. Read what the resident oil gurus had to say about the change. I happened to agree, as did many members here. There's tons of info on the topic.

Search the archives for when Pennzoil first introduced PU during the days of SM oils. See how it evolved and changed when the SN forumlation came out. Read what the resident oil gurus had to say about the change. I happened to agree, as did many members here. There's tons of info on the topic.
I’m asking you for your opinion, not other peoples.

Back