Amsoil / Redline in Corvette eLSD?

Hello all, been a while since I've posted here. I've searched for answers to the following questions both here and on Corvetteforum and am coming up empty, so I'll start my own thread. Feel free to weigh in on anything related to the eLSD. I track the car and have had no problems at all with the Dexron LS gear oil, but as I get faster and modify the car and add stickier tires, I'm thinking about maximum protection of the diff.

(1) Does anyone have experience or advice regarding the use of Amsoil or Redline (or other) 75W90 in place of the factory AC Delco Dexron LS (which is also a 75W90)? Based on prior research here and CF, it appears the Dexron LS gear oil was formulated for the LSDs in the C6 Corvettes (traditional mechanical LSD) and it has not changed with the advent of the new electronically actuated LSDs. Thus, it seems to me that whatever "secret sauce" is in the Dexron LS is probably not as important for these. Can anyone comment on this? If that secret sauce is important for the eLSD, I don't want to mess with it.

(2) Taking it a step further, for max protection, instead of 75W90, how about 75W110 - anyone have experience using that in the eLSD? Any issues? Seems like this would be just right on a hot track day.

(3) Lastly, the eLSD's hydraulic clutch system requires plain old Dexron VI ATF. This is the only fluid I have not changed multiple times in the car...mainly because anytime I mention it to the dealer or other tech, they look at me like they haven't a clue what I'm talking about, so I'm nervous it will get done wrong. Does anyone know how often this should be changed / does it degrade? Just looking for any insight on this topic.

Thanks in advance everyone. I love this site! Going to post this over at Corvetteforum too....

Not really the same car, but I used the Redline 75W110 in my RAV4 rear differential (electronically controlled) and the transfer case. The manual is calling for 80W90 and the results of 75W110 are very good IMO.
Initially I swapped the factory fill with 75W90 but then I read more into the datasheets and I think the 110 is safer from heavy usage (stop and go city traffic, higher summer temperatures).

Reviving this old thread that never really got off the ground…any thoughts or advice from Corvette or Camaro guys with the eLSD? Thanks in advance!!

put a temperature sticker on the e-diff, somewhere out of the airflow and see how hot it really gets. Maybe a higher viscosity is warranted, maybe not.

I had been using the OEM Dexron LS fluid and changing in accordance with GM's recommendation. UOAs usually came back fine other than high aluminum, fluid has always stayed in-grade. I've since switched to Motul Gear 300 LS since the car is pretty much now a track-only car -- has 60+ track days on it and 35k street miles.

I don't think the eLSD fluid is ATF, I was under the impression it was a special high-end hydraulic fluid.

Generally I'd stick with the factory recommendation and just shorten OCIs.
Any picture of the eDiff unit? Commonly true eDiffs are separate units with
their own oil fill requiring thin oils for quick and smooth actuation. No clue
about the Corvette system's design though.

Fwiw, I tried Redline in my 300XZX's rear diff and it made it whine. Amsoil Severe Gear made it completely silent (both 75W-110).

Back