Amsoil PI dose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely.

I believe it was Pablo that doubled it (in an extreme situation) with success.

I have went 1 bottle in ~11 gallons on my Saturn. Excellent response!

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Just got 2 bottles of Amsoil PI.
instructions say 1 bottle per 20 gal.
my tank 18 gal. would it be ok to dump the whole bottle ?

No problem at all, I did it with PI in an 18 gallon tank, and plan on doing it with the Red Line cleaner in a 19 gallon tank.

If your injectors were dirty you should see an improvement. Bring the bottle of PI to the gas station, dump it in there and fill it. Drive until you have about 1/8 of a tank remaining before you refill.

Actually best IF you are going for ultra cleaning is to dump a full bottle in a quarter tank (or less) then drive for awhile (20 miles or more), then go to the gas station, dump the other other bottle in and fill up.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Actually best IF you are going for ultra cleaning is to dump a full bottle in a quarter tank (or less) then drive for awhile (20 miles or more), then go to the gas station, dump the other other bottle in and fill up.

Should that be done at the end of an OCI, or it doesn't matter?

Thanks!

I have always done it just before an oil change so that any of it that makes it into the oil is gone when I change it out.

Stuff works awesome...
grin2.gif

Dad bought some of the PI but made the switch to the Red Line product. He'll be testing it soon. I called Dave at Red Line and he stated that with their product there was no need to do it before an OC.

Actually I think any of the FI cleaners would say the same thing. 99% of the population that uses the stuff is clueless anyway. They buy FI cleaners and pour it in the tank and go about their business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back