Amsoil OE vs Pennzoil Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: cat843
Given the shipping cost, if I am going to buy Amsoil products, then I am going to get the top of the line lubricants. The rest I can get as goo or better at Walmart.

At this point I only order ATF, SVG and 4-Stroke small engine.

Exactly. Though I personally don't see the draw to them personally. But to each their own.

There's no simple, cheap way to answer your question. The details are different but the end results over the life of your vehicle might well be indistinguishable.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
There's no simple, cheap way to answer your question. The details are different but the end results over the life of your vehicle might well be indistinguishable.

So you saying I can use either one and probably won't notice any difference huh?? They both pretty good oils

Just use Platinum and don't worry about it. I've never understood Amsoil. Sure it's a fine oil, but why pay more when there are cheaper options that do the job just as good or better? My opinion is the same on Royal Purple. Is paying more money giving you people the sense that you're really doing what's best for your engine? In reality you're not doing anything but wasting money.

Let the hating commence.

Originally Posted By: Ram01
But which do you guys and girls think has the better base stock PP or amsoil OE????

Pretty much impossible to answer. Besides, what you should be interested in is the end product (a carefully designed mixture of base stock plus add pack), and not just base stock. You can have a great base stock, but if it's not formulated with a well matching additive pack, then end product will not be good.

Both are good oils and should serve you well.

So you saying I can use either one and probably won't notice any difference huh?? They both pretty good oils

I'd say that is true for any name brand synthetic you can buy. Oil is highly subjective and almost all of them perform well.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: donnyj08

I'd say that is true for any name brand synthetic you can buy. Oil is highly subjective and almost all of them perform well.

True, true, true!!! But what fun can that be. Look what I use for a 31 year old Civic daily driver that I've owned since new.

My goal besides good maintenance is to be able to drive my Civic wagon with my coffin to my own funeral. I've measured. It will fit with the hatch closed. If I can arrange it I want to ditch the coffin and just use the wagon. I'll have to pay a bit extra for a bigger hole in the ground but I'll certainly be more comfortable, surrounded by my daily driver. I know that no one wants an old wagon with a manual tranny, carburetor, no cabin air filter, no p/s, no air bags, no ABS, no computer aided stability control, no electronic suspension adjustments, no radar cruise control, no dual zone a/c, no 9 way power seats with memory, heat/cool and massage, no leather, no Bluetooth, no touch screens just manual buttons and switches, no voice commands, analog instruments, no GPS monitoring by the government/manufacturer, no wireless Internet, no GDI, no computer controlled engine systems, no variable cam timing, no turbo, no supercharger, no power windows, door locks or sunroof, no tire pressure warning system, no backup camera, no dash cam, no road ice warning system, no CD entertainment system(s), no cup holders, no sunroof/moon roof, no center console, no USB ports, no remote start system and no car payments which would all be the absolute minimum a young person would accept for their next biannual new car purchase/lease.

This car is so old that you have to drive it, yourself.

This car is so old that you have to drive it, yourself.

01.gif

Makes you wonder how cheaply they could build and sell say a BMW 2002 these days without all that stuff. But with emissions and and airbags of course for those who would get their pantyhose in a wad.

[/quote]

Originally Posted By: RazorsEdge
Originally Posted By: Doog
PP is available at Walmart

crackmeup2.gif

You can have Amsoil delivered to your front door!

I do the same with Walmart. I really dislike going there, but can't beat their oil prices.

Originally Posted By: userfriendly
What kind of oil can I have delivered to my back door?

Something tells me Jim Morrison is still alive and loves BITOG

Originally Posted By: Torrid

I do the same with Walmart. I really dislike going there, but can't beat their oil prices.

There was a saying in Roman times that went,
"What is worse than Nero?
What is better than Nero's baths"

The modern equivalent would be,
"What is worse than going to WalMart?
What is better than Walmart's prices?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back