Amsoil OE 5w30 for one year interval

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I have a question, it seems to be silly, but it is important to me , my mother has a Kia sportage 2016 with 2.0 engine , she asked me to change the car oil , after six months after last oil change, she insisted on that as the car owner manual recommended ( 6000 km/ six months), for me this is absurd, because she drove it only 1650 km and the engine time monitor indicates only 75 operating hours, the dipstick oil appears fine brownish oil , not new , but not black either, the car has Amsoil OE 5w30, I want to extend the oil interval to one year as she drives the car lass than 3000 km every year, is it ok to let the oil inside the engine for another six months in term of Amsoil OE oil ability and term of the engine safety, thank you in advance .

Last edited:
UOA. Get a UOA, leaving the oil in while waiting for results. Once you have the paperwork to show your Mom that the oil is ok....well she will probably want to change it anyway LOL

I'm running SuperTech synthetic for one year which some people think is a sub-par oil. In the 4Runner that's about 6k miles in one year. I have no concerns.

ditto, just another good group III fake synthetic!!! go to wallys + get any oil in same spec for less $$$. yearly is fine as long as its NOT a LOT of only short trips. aunt was similar + showed rusty looking oil, but just setting undriven is not an issue + assuming its warm year around with little ambient temperature changes is easier on lubricants.

If under warranty, owners manual recommends what needs to be done..... mileage/time whichever comes 1st.

Use a cheaper locally available oil and change it out every 6 months with a new filter.

I'm at 13 months and 3400 miles with SuperTech synth 5w-30.
That's 1-2 short trips a week plus one 50 mile trip a month plus one 500 mile road trip in the last 9 months.
Will change on a warm day in March.

Hello everyone, I have a question, it seems to be silly, but it is important to me , my mother has a Kia sportage 2016 with 2.0 engine , she asked me to change the car oil , after six months after last oil change, she insisted on that as the car owner manual recommended ( 6000 km/ six months), for me this is absurd, because she drove it only 1650 km and the engine time monitor indicates only 75 operating hours, the dipstick oil appears fine brownish oil , not new , but not black either, the car has Amsoil OE 5w30, I want to extend the oil interval to one year as she drives the car lass than 3000 km every year, is it ok to let the oil inside the engine for another six months in term of Amsoil OE oil ability and term of the engine safety, thank you in advance .
A friend would like to know just how much does that Amsoil cost in Israel in U.S. dollars

Just use an off the shelf oil quality engine oil and change it twice a year to keep mom happy.

The guy asked a simple question. It's absurd but if it's still under warranty and the 6 months have passed change it. If warranty is not an issue keep it in there. OE is just as good as the rest of the shelf oils except for Edge ext. or Mobil1 ext. like Slava mentioned.

For that driving schedule you should be fine, although if the car is under warranty I'd probably keep with the manufacturer recommended schedule and keep good documentation of the changes.
One thing to note for everyone saying use cheap off the shelf oil, the OPs profile says they are in Israel so I don't know what it's like there but I have a feeling that motor oil may not be anywhere near as cheap as it is here stateside.

if hundreds of thousands Americans and others around the world wouldn't be dead from that virus that would be funny.
IMO, your quarantine comment came across as a metaphor for @PimTac being temporarily band. If not the case, and because now you point out the tragedy in the post above, why did you even bring up the topic so flippantly to begin with? Can't have it both ways.

"I see the quarantine did you nothing but good" -@avi1777

UOA. Get a UOA, leaving the oil in while waiting for results. Once you have the paperwork to show your Mom that the oil is ok....well she will probably want to change it anyway LOL
That's what I would do, and base your OCI on data, not on educated guesses.

IMO, your quarantine comment came across as a metaphor for @PimTac being temporarily band. If not the case, and because now you point out the tragedy in the post above, why did you even bring up the topic so flippantly to begin with? Can't have it both ways.

"I see the quarantine did you nothing but good" -@avi1777

That’s how I interpreted it and yes the attitude also comes across wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back