Amsoil jumping into the VW 0w20 508 game

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you can buy the OEM VW 508 oil of which is made by M1 for less money than the ESP. Best bang for the buck 508 oil, is the OEM VW 508 had at the dealer for $8.25 a qt as of 09/19/2022
I have plenty of ESP on hand which cost me a lot less than $8.25 a quart. ;)

I have plenty of ESP on hand which cost me a lot less than $8.25 a quart. ;)
ESP 0w20?? Where did you get it? Even on Amazon it runs more than $8.25 qt. Even the Valvoline VW508 on Amazon just went up to more than that. So where are you buying it haha

There are a lot of misconceptions about oil out there, some of which think that a particular piece of equipment on an engine will be damaged or otherwise harmed by a somewhat higher HT/HS. I consider them all bogus considering that unless the oil is at full operating temperature then every oil is thicker than some lower grade no matter what. Here in the upper Midwest, in the winter there are thousands of cars that never reach full operating temperature and yet they aren't failing - and if they do then that is one radically poor design.

And tuners have completely different goals than someone who wishes to keep their vehicle as long as possible, as I do.
Well APR recommends 508 up to stage 3 for spec'd cars, so........

Also, there are components in the cars spec'd for 508 that differ than those spec'd for 502.

If your car is tuned, your out of warranty anyway, so who cares right? Just don't tell people to use a non approved oil in their cars and say it ok. 🙄

ESP 0w20?? Where did you get it? Even on Amazon it runs more than $8.25 qt. Even the Valvoline VW508 on Amazon just went up to more than that. So where are you buying it haha

I think he is using ESP 0W-30, you are in California, you can get a 5 quart jug of the ESP 0W-30 from Autozone or AAP and it comes out to about $7.20 after tax.

He could also be using ESP 5W-30

I think he is using ESP 0W-30, you are in California, you can get a 5 quart jug of the ESP 0W-30 from Autozone or AAP and it comes out to about $7.20 after tax.

He could also be using ESP 5W-30
Correct, both bought and stashed when prices were a lot lower than they are now. In fact my average cost is probably in the $5/qt or lower price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back