Amsoil interceptor 2 stroke oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dave123
why change plug fouling etc etc???

I just always heard amsoil oil is awesome including their 2-stroke. It's always good to know if there's better oil out there, and possibly less smoke. why isn't there a TCWII sticker. Is this the oil they recommend?

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Interceptor will work fine. The reason there is no sticker is because Amsoil did not submit this oil for approval.

IF you want a TCWII-TCW-III oil use this: Amsoil Saber Outboard

is that the highest performance oil for my application?

You might get ten differnt answers to run or not run tcw111 in applications that call for it.

In this case I would run interceptor I have used it in many app from atv to power equipment and snowmobile use does burn less smokey but like many will say it will get to the eyes plugs run clean and so do the motors. If you run the motor hard for good time it is a good pick.

PS one other I like is Citgo Sea and Snow IMO just as good if not better than yamalube it also i belive is not tcw111
but made for power sports in mind.

Originally Posted By: FXjohn
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Interceptor will work fine. The reason there is no sticker is because Amsoil did not submit this oil for approval.

IF you want a TCWII-TCW-III oil use this: Amsoil Saber Outboard

is that the highest performance oil for my application?

Highest performance? Interceptor will be better.

good i have two gallons of it. I'm hoping to notice a difference. Amsoil should submit the oil and get the rating.

I don't think it would pass the test IMO. It still would be my top pick to run in this application.

What's the difference between Sabre pro and Sabre Outboard? Are they in any way interchangeable?

Originally Posted By: lars11
What's the difference between Sabre pro and Sabre Outboard? Are they in any way interchangeable?

Originally Posted By: Amsoil
Saber Outboard (ATO) is specifically designed for outboard motors. It is also very good for personal watercraft, jet boats, motorcycles, snowmobiles and ATVs. Saber Outboard contains a heavy dose of lower temperature dispersant additives that excel at reducing varnish and carbon deposit formation in water-cooled motors. Saber Outboard is a very low smoke, low odor, low toxicity product that produces fewer emissions at 100:1 mix ratios than oils mixed at 50:1. It is formulated to prevent “oil loading” and plug fouling for rapid throttle response, making it ideal for trolling motors. Operators and the environment benefit from the use of Saber Outboard. It is recommended for pre-mix use where TC-W3 or API TC is specified.

Originally Posted By: Amsoil
Saber Professional (ATP) is specifically designed for small engines including, but not limited to, chain saws, lawn equipment, blowers, chop saws, pumps, scooters and go-carts. It is available in a 3.5- oz. bilingual (English/Spanish) container which is ideal for treating the 2 – 2.5-gallon cans of gas commonly used for storing mixed gas on the job. Saber Professional is also very good for use in motorcycles, snowmobiles, ATVs, jet boats and personal watercraft. Saber Professional is formulated with high-temperature detergent additives to prevent hard carbon deposits from forming in these hot-operating motors. Saber Professional is “smokeless” and delivers fewer emissions at 100:1 mix ratios than oils mixed at 50:1. Equipment operators subjected to smoke and fumes will benefit from these low emission properties. Because one mix ratio satisfies multiple pieces of equipment, Saber Professional eliminates mix ratio confusion. Saber Professional is recommended for pre-mix where ISO-L-EGD, JASO FD or API TC is specified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back