Amsoil High Mileage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Justin251
I don't see how the royal purple outperformed the off the shelf stuff but hey. Good job.

No need to bandwagon and bash RP. It is likely just as good as other HM synthetics. It's only down fall is price. Buy at pepboys and use their 30% off codes and get free shipping to boot and it can be had reasonable.

OP just stick with HMX RP if you have been happy with it. HMX contains synerlec and a robust zinc/phos additive in it. It's good oil.

I too love Amsoil. I agree they should offer a high mileage oil as well.

Last edited:
If Valvoline fixed the leak run Valvoline.

I would also think long-term for your maintenance plan. How long do you plan on driving a 02 X-Type? Once you're out of school you might want to upgrade.

Originally Posted By: camrydriver111
If Valvoline fixed the leak run Valvoline.

I would also think long-term for your maintenance plan. How long do you plan on driving a 02 X-Type? Once you're out of school you might want to upgrade.

Or buy a Subie wagon** for your daily driver and keep the Jag for fun...

**it's the Washington state car...isn't it?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: donnyj08
I don't see how the royal purple outperformed the off the shelf stuff but hey. Good job.

No need to bandwagon and bash RP. It is likely just as good as other HM synthetics. It's only down fall is price. Buy at pepboys and use their 30% off codes and get free shipping to boot and it can be had reasonable.

OP just stick with HMX RP if you have been happy with it. HMX contains synerlec and a robust zinc/phos additive in it. It's good oil.

Not bashing at all. I said I don't see how it outperformed. If anything it would be the same as the others and more expensive. So it seems that being more expensive it "has" to be better.

Especially when OP said that valvoline maxlife fixed the leak as well...

Originally Posted By: donnyj08

Not bashing at all. I said I don't see how it outperformed. If anything it would be the same as the others and more expensive. So it seems that being more expensive it "has" to be better.

Especially when OP said that valvoline maxlife fixed the leak as well...

It looks like we agree then!
thumbsup2.gif

Valvoline fixed your oil leak? Stick with Valvoline. You'd be foolish not too,plus Valvoline is an excellent oil.

Originally Posted By: jagtuner28
You know, the Valvoline Max-Life full syn stopped the leaks just fine, I just prefer the RP because I swear I gained another hp or two when I used it in addition to stopping the leaks. The Mobil 1 leaked a little too much.

So MaxLife stopped the leaks but you still need to use a more expensive oil that does not?

1-2HP is not going to be noticed. I suspect you are a product of a placebo effect, you are needing to justify the purchase.

I've talked to Amsoil reps via email and on the phone and they've never come off as snobby. They watch the market and develop products as needed.

I myself would love to see OE/XL/SS all in an HM formula(without SN/GF5 limitations). Maybe one day.

RP HMX is an excellent choice. M1 HM is too. Nothing wrong with Maxlife full synthetic or store brand HM-full synthetic oils.

Your Fordguar is a good car if maintained. I find many consumer reports and online complaints lemons tend to have bad owners.

I do like my x-type even though its not a popular car and many people deride it for being based upon the European Ford Mondeo platform. However, you never see anyone bashing Audi for using VW platforms, and the Mondeo was a pretty good car for its time really. The x-type is only 20% Ford parts content according to everything I've read, so I wish people would cut it a little slack in this regard.

As for the car itself, it handles beautifully and takes corners at speed with ease even in my beautiful Seattle liquid sunshine. Not too long ago I got some Goodyear F1 Asymetric 2 Ultra High Performance All Seasons and the car is like glue now even on very wet roads.

As for the Royal Purple vs. Valvoline battle that seems to be igniting in here, I have no problems with the Valvoline I just feel like the car drives better with the RP. It feels a little peppier according to my butt dyno, and that is all the justification I need.

However, I will say that I do think the RP oil filter is excellent, if not one of the best on the market. Its construction is high quality and I've even seen a lot of hard filtering evidence here on this forum about these synthetic media filters. One filtration test I saw showed it to be practically the equal of Amsoil's filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back