Amsoil HD 5W40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by CT8
Amsoil is a top notch product

Some of it is - - like the Signature series oils that are $10 a quart

Some of the cheaper oil they sell is not really any different than what you buy at walmart

Originally Posted by WillB
Thanks. The Amsoil is cheaper than T6 5W40 - will run Amsoil year round instead if T6.

If it works for you, go for it. If I were just buying off the shelf as I need here, it's hard to ignore. However, I don't know if it's convenient for you or not, but you might want to give Blue Wave Energy a call or email. You might be shocked as to how cheap you can get T6.

Originally Posted by Garak
Originally Posted by WillB
Thanks. The Amsoil is cheaper than T6 5W40 - will run Amsoil year round instead if T6.

If it works for you, go for it. If I were just buying off the shelf as I need here, it's hard to ignore. However, I don't know if it's convenient for you or not, but you might want to give Blue Wave Energy a call or email. You might be shocked as to how cheap you can get T6.

No Bluewave dealers close to me, but the local Home Hardware stocks Amsoil, so very easy to find.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by CT8
Amsoil is a top notch product

Some of it is - - like the Signature series oils that are $10 a quart

Some of the cheaper oil they sell is not really any different than what you buy at walmart
Even the low end Amsoil is good I never said it was economically price.

It's a stout oil from the UOA's I have seen. That said I haven't used it myself.
There is a user on here using it but I can't remember who it is at the moment. Hopefully he stumbles across this thread.

I would be interested in seeing how you find it though if you go that route.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back