Amsoil gave me free Preferred Customer membership

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MobilinHyundia
It boils my blood if I hear..." but its cheaper at WM".
I dont care. Amsoil is excellant oil for long OCIs.
Wally oil is good for people who change oil every 5000 miles.

So The M1 I buy at WM is inferior to the M1 at double the price sold elsewhere?

Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Amsoil gear oil and PS/Transmission fluid is hard to beat (the gear oil is arguably the best on the market). If you need any of that I would buy that to meet the $50 purchase requirement.

I agree. Amsoil Severe Gear (in my experience and looking at uoa's) is the best of the best.

The FREESHIPPC code worked for me. Here's how my cart looks:

20.00 for membership cost
30.00 other items (minimum)

When I type the code it automatically subtracts $20 off the total & gives the reduced Preferred pricing.

Originally Posted By: Ramblejam

... this stuff retails for $5.74/quart (in 5qt jug).
mobil-1-extended-performance-oil.png

Amsoil's 15,000 mile offering retails for $11.86/quart (Signature Series in 4qt jug).

Please do your research. Signature Series 0w20 with PC pricing is $8.60 per quart. $8.19 by the quart if you buy a case of 12. $8.45 per quart for 1 gallon, and if you get a case of 4 gallons, it's $8.03 a quart. (and without PC pricing it's $11.74/quart if you buy a case of 4 gallons, but I digress)

If you do the math it's less expensive per mile.

Even at $11.86 a quart, if you go 15000 miles with Amsoil vs 5000 miles for the M1 at $5.74 per quart you are STILL saving money. The M1 would have to be 1/3 the cost of the Amsoil and it is not. Yes I know that M1 can go further - (citation: tig1's multiple examples)

Taking this one step further using tig's 10k interval and using the actual cost for a 6 quart sump, it's .003212 per mile for Amsoil over 15000 miles.
M1 for 10000 miles comes to .003474 cents per mile, so the Amsoil ends up being less expensive.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN

THIS-is a question I ask myself when someone says they have a stash of 200 quarts or another BITOG member that has a 12 1/2 year stash.

Both of the above are true examples BTW.

I'm guilty of being the latter. But hey! I'll find a way to get rid of it by either selling it or doing oil changes for family/friends. That estimate is based on using the oil for only one car, 2 changes a year. I'm totally okay with stashing oil bc I know that I will use it myself or for others soon enough.
smile.gif

- You forgot to include shipping in your Amsoil calculus. Mobil 1 EP doesn't charge an extra $10 when I pickup a jug.

- And you forgot the $20 preferred customer fee on Amsoil. No fee on M1.

Once you include ALL the costs to buy a jug of Amsoil SS. $8*(however many quarts you use each year) + $10 ship + $20 PC fee. The annual costs are more expensive than grabbing Mobil 1 EP during your weekly grocery shopping

Originally Posted By: veryHeavy
- You forgot to include shipping in your Amsoil calculus. Mobil 1 EP doesn't charge an extra $10 when I pickup a jug.

Once you include ALL the costs to buy a jug of Amsoil SS. $8*(however many quarts you use each year) + $10 ship + $20 PC fee. The annual costs are more expensive than grabbing Mobil 1 EP during your weekly grocery shopping

OK I'll buy that. But in return you've got to admit that in certain applications the Amsoil can go 25k.

Amsoil unfortunately is running on an outdated business model. With easy access to quality items at Walmart with great prices it makes it harder to buy Avon of lubricants.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
Originally Posted By: veryHeavy

OK I'll buy that. But in return you've got to admit that in certain applications the Amsoil can go 25k.

It can go 25K miles in some applications. Here's the rub: If I was shopping for a used car and someone told they were running 25K OCI's with Amsoil, I'd pass on the car. Four or even five oil changes in a 100K miles, or two or three OCI's in 50 K miles, no thanks. No disrespect to Amsoil or any long drain oil for that matter.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

It can go 25K miles in some applications. Here's the rub: If I was shopping for a used car and someone told they were running 25K OCI's with Amsoil, I'd pass on the car. Four or even five oil changes in a 100K miles, or two or three OCI's in 50 K miles, no thanks. No disrespect to Amsoil or any long drain oil for that matter.

Agree somewhat; some people would feel that way for a 10k or even 5k interval history.....

Last edited:
Please do your research.

Notice how I put RETAIL is bold (for an apples-to-apples comparison) so someone wouldn't come back with the silly "preferred customer" argument. Of course, you still went for it. If you're going to do that, then I might as well use prices that reflect the myriad of discounts available through Walmart, or any of the rebates that are regularly available.

https://slickdeals.net/f/8979959-12-reba...it-2-per-person

You're down to $8/quart. I'm now down to $2/quart.

Agree somewhat; some people would feel that way for a 10k or even 5k interval history.....

True, but 25K is a lot harder to digest than 5 or 10K.

True, but 25K is a lot harder to digest than 5 or 10K.

You bet.

First of all, please note I'm not bashing M1, it's a great oil.

Please do your research.

Notice how I put RETAIL is bold (for an apples-to-apples comparison) so someone wouldn't come back with the silly "preferred customer" argument. Of course, you still went for it. If you're going to do that, then I might as well use prices that reflect the myriad of discounts available through Walmart, or any of the rebates that are regularly available.

https://slickdeals.net/f/8979959-12-reba...it-2-per-person

You're down to $8/quart. I'm now down to $2/quart.

OK, so you're equating the PC price to a sale price. I get it. M1 can be had for $2 a quart on sale and that's awesome and definitely is cheaper.

Hopefully you read my entire post though, and saw the price comparison for the full, non PC Amsoil price to your posted everyday M1 price with the 15k and 5k intervals, respectively.

Hopefully you read my entire post though, and saw the price comparison for the full, non PC Amsoil price to your posted everyday M1 price with the 15k and 5k intervals, respectively.

I did read through it all. You can't use make believe intervals to try and skew things one way.

Giving Amsoil the best position possible:
Mobil 1 EP - 15,000 miles (this is a universal, all-applications rating)
Amsoil SS - 25,000 miles (normal service only)

In severe service, they have the same 15k drain interval rating.

You can't use make believe intervals to try and skew things one way.

The 5k I used for M1 was mentioned earlier in the thread. No matter.

You win, M1 is cheaper.

Last edited:
Someone saying "Wally oil is good for people who change oil every 5000 miles" doesn't explain why you used 5k drain intervals for the 15k Mobil 1 product, then subsequently stated (after telling others to do their research) that Amsoil was cheaper.

I think money is no object if you're using 25k Amsoil. They probably have the gold crown air freshener.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back