Amsoil "equivalent" to Mobil 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Well, I have been looking into becoming an Amsoil dealer, as their product is not all that readily available in all the grades locally, and I wanted to get my hands on those filters!!!

SO, if I'm running their filters, I figure it's probably best to be running their oil to make things worthwhile.

I currently run Mobil 1 0w40 in my Town Car and probably will (have access to right now) Delvac 1 5w40 in my Mustang.

Both cars are driven VERY aggressively, I make no qualms about stating that up front. Town Car is getting a fresh tranny here shortly with a mild stall converter, and a Baumann shift kit. Both cars see the dragstrip, though the Town Car has been there more frequently in the last two years since the Mustang isn't done yet after a little "incident" that involved needing a new rolling chassis.....

Both engines have ~330,000Km on them, have both been apart recently for head/cam/springs/rockers/intake upgrades, bottom ends are stock, as are the lifters.

Mobil 1 has been good to me and keeps things nice and clean.

I am looking for the same properties but in an Amsoil grade.

I will be running the Amsoil filters. Change intervals will be ~12,000Km.

Thoughts?

I disagree, RI_S4 said Amsoil AFL 5w40 was good in the fuel diluting engines. This is the equivelant of M1 0w40 in the Amsoil version. It is their "European" equivelent. I would use that. Why change if the 0w40 has been good to you though?

DEO is more like Delvac 1. Both are excellent choices also.

I think RLI_S4 had the prelowered SAP version. I guess I need to be more marketing oriented
grin2.gif
AFL if fine, but DEO would give lower wear in this situation.

I still think AFL is a good oil despite the lowered specs. Thats all. DEO maybe better so you could be right.

Dear Amsoil:

Please make a tough as nails signature series 0W40 with a CJ-4 compliant diesel add pack. Thank you!!

Signed,

Never satisfied BITOGers

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Originally Posted By: Johnny
Wouldn't he be better off using this oil?

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/afl.aspx?zo=515729

I'm still trying to picture the Town Car on the strip.

Actually, no. I would recommend this: Amsoil DEO 5W-40 before AFL in this situation.

So this would be more like Delvac 1 5w40 right? A good friend of mine has had EXCELLENT results with this (DV1) in his PD Jetta.

I'm after the ultimate protection due to my driving style. I NEVER horse on a cold engine. But I DO drive aggressively. M1 has been good to me; The '87 Mustang motor still holds 38lbs of oil pressure hot at idle. Don't have a real gauge on the Town Car at this time.

Thanks for all your input guys!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back