Amsoil EaOM103

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed the oil filter on my ‘18 Mercury 90 four stroke outboard. So I've ran this filter model on my outboard for the last 2 seasons And when I ordered my new filter this year the website says "call/email text line for a possible filter recommendation". Website no longer just says use this EaOM 103. So I emailed the tech line and their response was if I've used this filter number in the past on this outboard it will be fine. (So why not just recommend this filter on the website like in the past?)

New filter is on the LEFT. What I noticed was it's taller with a plastic center cage with wire backed media VS the old had wire backed media and just a louvered metal center tube. Obviously more holes in base plate also.

Wondering if anyone can tell who makes the new filter vs who made the old filter?

Pics aren't very good of the inside but you can kinda see the black plastic cage inside of the new filter. Thanks

2041735A-9D87-473E-9416-BFDD61F0F985.jpeg

A0D972D3-E5E5-4D0D-B1CF-83ACA88A08AD.jpeg

A29756BB-4CB7-4A22-A0C6-86EF02E61BAF.jpeg

30A2A861-12E6-463B-86D5-A03B943C3E7A.jpeg

DB4A549A-CE4E-4BB6-BB1A-468A001A0BFC.jpeg

Weird...

The tapping plate and ADBV look very Fram.

The plastic center tube sounds very Champion (and perhaps some M+H)

Wire backed media sounds Fram or Champion.

Inking looks Champion-ish...

Any clues on the box or labeling (phone number, address, discrete branding)?

The old filter is clearly Champion labs.

Seems M1 filters have gone M+H so maybe Amsoil too (did M+H acquire CL?)

Last edited:
Amsoil released some literature a while back stating their filters were getting some upgrades.
The one I recently put on the wifes Nissan Quest also had the ecore style center cage, also had a textured grip type black paint.
I believe they are still being made by Champion Labs.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
Weird...

The tapping plate and ADBV look very Fram.

The plastic center tube sounds very Champion (and perhaps some M+H)

Wire backed media sounds Fram or Champion.

Inking looks Champion-ish...

I was thinking the same thing.
Fram looking Baseplate, Champ looking e-core and date code.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder
... (did M+H acquire CL?)

Have not heard anything about that, but who knows.

I know there have been low production filters outsourced to other makers in the past, but still does not explain the Frampion appearance of this filter.

Mobil oil filter manufacturers claim upgrades too. But judging by the recent M-1 filter pics, there are not even close to the quality level that M-1 oil filters once stood by

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back