Amsoil EA032 vs EA030

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a question for the Amsoil experts... I have 2004 chevy silverado 2500hd with the 6.0l motor.
Amsoil recomends the EA032 filter for my truck but the guy i get my oil from keeps selling me a EA030 filter.... I know the 030 is a larger filter, but what ill effects will it cause my truck....

BTW ive just noticed this after running the EA030 filters for 145,000 miles....

I loose oil pressure when i get close to the 25,000 mile mark and i am wondering if it is because of the larger filter.

Thanks,
carl

GM has had so many lifter issues with their 5.3 & Primarily their 6.0 engines. They have gone from EaO64 to EaO32 to EaO50. I usually put people that want a decent size filter into the EaO64, if they realize the book might say EaO32 and they personally agree to it. I have had no problem. You are correct in saying the EaO30 will also work, yet the 64/32 series were designed for this type of engine.

What I do notice is that if I am using a good engine oil, I don't exhibit the lifter noise. As for you using your filter up to 25,000 miles..............not me.............I will go a max of 15,000 miles with no pressure problems.

Good luck.

I would contact Amsoil direct about this question. They are extremely good at giving answers. But saying this, it seems the EaO30 has served you well.

By the way,
welcome2.gif
to BITOG

I just sent you a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back