Amsoil Coolant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using it in both of my vehicles. Amsoil might be more expensive, but I believe it is insurance against problems.

Using it in my Mercury Grand Marquis (two years) and my wife's Nissan Sentra (about one year). No issues at all thus far. It is essentially universal and will not cause any issues in the event of mixing with other coolant types.

Expensive? Up-front cost is a lot, but cost per year is cheap. If you have to use one gallon for a flush, then it costs $3.76 a year, and double/triple/etc. that depending on the amount of gallons you need for a flush. I can spare the ~$12 a year (that includes 3 gallons, 2 for my car, one for my wife's car).

I thought the old purple Amsoil held up better than the Sierra.
But I think this newer stuff is a lot better than the purple.
I would feel good running it for 3+ years or maybe more.

Just got some Distilled water today and drained and vacuum filled mine with fresh Amsoil ANT today. Temps are in line and noted nothing of alarm. So far so good. Happy happy.

I dont like water inside my engine, just dont make any sense to me, Evans is a couple bucks more a gallon and lifetime fill.
works very well with Amsoil in the crankcase.

I drained out the block and radiator and removed any heater hose or related cooling hose to get every ounce of coolant out, I go the extra mile to get rid of the old stuff.
worth the extra hassle
starwars.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back