Amsoil & B. Unser

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is true, I know some use RL gear oils etc. I was specifically talking about motor oil.

You don't think they are going to use a product that may give them an edge weather real or perceived even its not made by their sponsor? Thats what he saying in the video, Valvoline was not cutting it so they used Amsoil and that was kept secret. So what? Apparently Valvoline never knew or maybe did not care as long as it was not made public , he won and everyone thought Valvoline was the reason.

I very much doubt they had a chemist on the scene testing to see if his oil was Valvoline.

Originally Posted By: Camu Mahubah
..... I don't see how Valvoline couldn't come up with a product that could have done the same thangs if he'd asked them to......

Possible, but most of the "big" oil co's (other than Mobil) just weren't chasing synthetic chemistry at the time.

Quote:
Possible, but most of the "big" oil co's (other than Mobil) just weren't chasing synthetic chemistry at the time

Right. Amsoil beat them to the punch. It's not that the big oil companies can't do it, they clearly can. It was something that just didn't catch on at the time. Now the major sponsors all custom formulate for these guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back