Amsoil ASE 10W-30/SAE 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pablo, I read your post about having to go to the bosses with oil Questions because most of your ?s are above techs.
Maybe it is because you are a JEDI of oil now... BITOG rewards it's members with knowlegde not gained anywhere else....
Lucky us to have this site... even our small engines and their oils get special consideration...

I'm using HDEO in my commercial mower right now because I like the more robust add pack.

But, besides the "feel good" factor, how does a higher TBN relate to better performance in a gasoline engine? Is not the higher TBN needed in diesel engines because of the soot and acid formation?

It would be like taking 4 aspirin when 2 would more than get the job done. The other two are wasted. No?

And, there's the argument that some higher TBN oils end up lower at the OCI end than another (that started out lower) because it had a better "total package".

I sure wish we had UOA's on small engines just to satisfy the curiosity.

Quote:

Pablo, I read your post about having to go to the bosses with oil Questions because most of your ?s are above techs.
Maybe it is because you are a JEDI of oil now... BITOG rewards it's members with knowlegde not gained anywhere else....
Lucky us to have this site... even our small engines and their oils get special consideration...

Naw....I think I'm just too much a pest. I'm about 5 or 6 questions constipated right now. Some are rather simple. If truth be known they probably have a couple folks on vacation right now.

Quote:

Quote:

We currently have one UOA of a Toro, why don't we have more?

No one wants to spend the clams to get it done.

I plan on doing a few UOA's of my 23hp Kohler starting with the next oil change. It only gets about 1 change a year though so it won't add much information to our UOA "library" any time soon...

@jsharp,

it all helps.
thumbsup.gif

My Kohler has a 50/50 mix of M1 Racing 0W-30 and 15W-50 in it now. I probably should have just used straight M1R but I have quite a bit of each around after getting it on closeout.

Quote:

My Kohler has a 50/50 mix of M1 Racing 0W-30 and 15W-50 in it now. I probably should have just used straight M1R but I have quite a bit of each around after getting it on closeout.

Send some of that 0/30 to me.
drool.gif

Just to mix things up a little. I have used Amsoil's ATM 10w30 for some time in various vehicles. I switched all my lawnmowers, generators, etc over to it just because I didn't want a lot of different oil products around. Everything has worked great with the ATM. Checked with the techs at Amsoil and they said ATM has been used for small engines with good results for years prior to their coming out with the ASE oil and to go ahead and keep using it.

Any of the Amsoil multi-viscosity oils would do great in small engines. The ASE is a little cheaper per quart, so if one had a major lawn care business, then the ASE would serve well and cost less.

Is this Amsoil 10W-30/ 30 weight small engine oil a Group III or a Group IV oil, my thinking is that it is a Group III, I might have to ask Gary or Pablo.

How many hours you guys running the ASE/ACD for in small engines? I got suckered into cutting some of my neighbor's lawn's this year and really putting my equipment to use. Should I stick with 25hrs like all my briggs and stratton motor's specify in the manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back