America's Tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was visiting my friend today and learned that she had a flat in the Mazda 3.

So I took the car straight to the America's Tire down the street. Right when they opened, they accepted the car right away (despite not having an appointment) and had the flat fixed in 40 minutes.

And yes, they fixed it the correct way. The tire was dismounted and the hole was fixed using the approved patch/plug system. After the repair, they rebalanced the tire with a newer Hunter DSP9600.

Best of all? No charge.

I have been very happy with America's Tire and the quality of service they provide. From the aggressive pricematching to the generous freebies to having the latest balancing equipment, I see no reason to go anywhere else.

Has anyone else had great experiences with America's Tire?

There is a place here called Mr. Tire that fixes flats for "free". They only charge 6 bucks or whatever to rebalance and remount the tire. They patch the inside of the tire also. That seems to be a better method than a plug, except in an emergency you can plug a tire by the side of a road.

I was happy with their service, so I bought a set of goodyears from them a few months down the line.

I suppose that is the idea.

IME Discount/America and Belle Tire both provide service above and beyond the call of duty. Both outlets have serviced or rotated tires for me that weren't even purchased at their store.

I buy mostly from Discount in Ann Arbor, the original, but either of them has repaired OEM or Sammy tires for me without batting an eyelash.

Coincidentally, I bought two Riken Raptor HR tires from them this past Monday. I mentioned that Discount Tire Center's price was cheaper, so they beat their price by $5/tire. I ended up getting the Rikens (205/60 15) for $47/each - total out-the-door $141.60. The service was completed within 40 minutes. I left happy.

So far, the Rikens perform well for a "cheap" tire. I'd say much better than my previous Dunlop SP Sport A2's. They do look plain, however. There's no design on the sidewall.. just smooth black with small lettering. The Dunlops had a nice look to them with serrated sidewall styling and letters. This gave the appearance of a lower profile tire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back