America's best-selling vehicles built on lies

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those worried about the V6 in the new Ford GT, fear not. It will sound like a fine tuned Indy car
smile.gif

That's quite the headline...guess they needed something since the story is a snoozefest.

Customizable = ok. Aural assault at all times without.my knowledge or permission is not ok.

Granted this isn't a stock ecoboost, but its worth watching/ listening to.

The whole video is pretty cool, but fast forward to around 3:00 to hear the roar.

Link

Originally Posted By: FastGame
For all those worried about the V6 in the new Ford GT, fear not. It will sound like a fine tuned Indy car
smile.gif

Without having to use any sound symposers!

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
If a tree falls in the forest and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?
The question should be does any one really care if,,,

Originally Posted By: Nebroch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnx3g33sdgY#t=2m52s

Car buyers/journalists just don't appreciate modern technology?
Idiot technology? I want a cat that starts,runs without lots maintenance or repairs and gets decent mpgs and is reliable as a blender. I don't need useless technology to get me down the road and cause problems.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
How come it's okay for BMW, Merdeces and others to do this ... but when Ford does it, everyone criticizes them?

It's because when Ford dials in the high performance sound, it's blatant misrepresentation!!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dishdude
That's quite the headline...guess they needed something since the story is a snoozefest.

Exactly- it's not like it's some big secret and/or conspiracy...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Stupid, stupid. No way I want to pay a single dime for such a dumb gimmick.

If they are doing noise canceling to make a car sound quieter, I get that. But for more engine sound? Just get rid of some of the noise insulation in certain spots, and save the weight and cost...

Honda S2000 engine is so noisy at almost any highway speed above 50-60 MPH, many owners added sound insulation to their cars including me. I used liquid type applied to under the floor board and the trunk, it did reduce the noise somewhat but added few lbs to the car.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Bose Exhaust.

LOL!

Honestly, I see this as nothing more than the hypocrisy of car buyers. Someone in the article is quoted as saying the auto makers should "own" the trend toward fuel efficient engines. Screw that. They're just giving people what they want. WE are the ones who need to own it. This is what we get for making simultaneous contradictory demands.

I still think the best thing we as enthusiasts can do for ourselves is to convince as many people as possible not to buy stupidly large vehicles.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Idiot technology? I want a cat that starts,runs without lots maintenance or repairs and gets decent mpgs and is reliable as a blender. I don't need useless technology to get me down the road and cause problems.

Aren't Toyota Motor hybrids actually more reliable and less maintenance intensive than old tech? No belts, alternators, starter motors, clutches etc. to fail...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Stupid, stupid. No way I want to pay a single dime for such a dumb gimmick.

Seriously! This is one of the dumbest things I've seen in a long time.

Why not just add whistle tips as a "feature". the sales goons could try and upsell saying "don't you want you new car to go wooo woooooo"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUXow3d3-b0

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Yes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back