American made wheel bearings?

I need to replace the front wheel bearings on my 02 F-150 2WD. The last time I bought timken the box said that they are “made in China”. I know a lot of brands are made in China but some companies have more control on QC… Are there any American made bearings left? If not, what are some quality brands?

I went through the same process trying to find wheel bearings that were made in the USA for my 2002 Silverado, I couldn't find any unfortunately. I always try to buy made in USA. I ended up going with SKF, I believe they were made in mexico. This was 4 or 5 years ago, so who knows now.

sisters 2011 malibu required THREE hub bearings in 90 thou before she dumped it + searching revealed that issue even with caddys $$$ manufactures often take the lowest bid for parts, the downside of our global-cheap import economy + as our lawmakers continue to send manufacturing overseas its not going to improve, so search + roll the dice, good luck!!

I think common number bearings are a commodity now. All come from the same Chinese factory and put into whoever's box.

I had the rear axle rebuilt a few weeks ago and the timkin bearings we used were made in USA.

I kinda think that for the most part the Chinese bearings are ok. It's the grease that makes the difference.

I've never need any wheel bearing on my cars in 200K miles other than due to accidents, what did you guys do and what are you guys driving?

I've never need any wheel bearing on my cars in 200K miles other than due to accidents, what did you guys do and what are you guys driving?
Unit bearings certainly do fail, typically just from mileage. Some are worse than others like rear bearings on Jeep Compasses seem to be failure-prone. Our '08 F150 lost a front unit bearing at ~135k. 2nd Gen Ram front unit bearings on the D44s certainly fail with a degree of regularity. Ditto for XJ's

Some of the Honda rear bearings look kinda tricky from what I've watched at SMA

Old school bearings you can theoretically keep going darn near forever if you repack them regularly

Some of us live in states where the DOT likes to use pavement that makes sure that they can keep pothole patching crews employed.
Amen to that, my friends live in Saint Louis City, they consider it a major event to come to the county where I live. My Girl Friend not girlfriend, also spends lots of time in the City with potholes that can hide a Bus !! not literally but big enough to bend her passenger side strut. Somebody borrowed my 2020 KONA, hit a pothole so big it shattered the drivers side rim and tire. The guy in question promised to pay for the damage, but sadly he past away from acute cystic fibrosis.

Back