Ford Pickup Front Wheel Bearings 2WD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for the front inner & outer wheel bearings on Ford 2WD pickups that aren't made in China, preferrably in the USA, but that may not be possible.
Where are the OEM parts made?
National are made in China.
House brands (Advance, AutoZone, & O-Reilly) are all made in China.
Any ideas which one of these would be my best best if OEM can't deliver? Mevotech, Centric, Centric C-TEK, Beck Arnley (can't find all 4 parts), Timken, WJB, [censored], NTN, Koyo, NAPA, Altrom

2001 Ranger 4.0L XLT 2WD
Inner
Ford p/n B7C-1201-A COO?
SKF BR5 China
F.A.G.

Outer
Ford p/n B5A-1216-A COO?
SKF BR2 Brazil

2003 F-150 5.4L Lariat 2WD 5-lug
Inner
Ford p/n F65Z-1201-AA COO?
SKF BR12 Brazil

Outer
Ford p/n F65Z-1216-AA COO?
SKF BR11 China

Thank you.

Timken inners and outers I bought a couple years ago for my 2wd Toyota pickup were all made in Poland. They have been working just fine, and are still on the same Valvoline red bearing grease that I used when they were installed. Will do a clean and re-pack when it needs front brake pads again.

A friend of mine buys shop stock when they go out of business. I sent him a txt with your numbers.

When I had a bearing fail on the front of my truck I had to buy what was available that day. Some came from napa, others from O'Riley's, a race from autozone etc. Some China,Australia etc. I really had to mix and match to get enough to do both sides.

I packed them with quality grease and they have been fine for 60k.

Originally Posted by Chris142
A friend of mine buys shop stock when they go out of business. I sent him a txt with your numbers.

Thank you sir!

Evidently, F.A.G. bearings were censored in my list above.
Most of those other brands come from Autoanything.com, PartsGeek.com, or CarParts.com. I haven't ordered from any of them so don't know how reliable they are regarding counterfeit, etc.

I found some NTN bearings for the Ranger on eBay, made in the USA
smile.gif

Inner
Outer

F.A.G bearings because the name makes me laugh. And they're supposed to be good stuff. I wish we sold them at work because I'd put them in my truck!

Originally Posted by dogememe
F.A.G bearings because the name makes me laugh. And they're supposed to be good stuff. I wish we sold them at work because I'd put them in my truck!

I used to know a guy who worked there. For some reason no one wanted any company shirts or hats.

Originally Posted by Chris142
My buddy thinks he has them. Can't get to them till Monday. What's the exact application?

2001 Ranger 4.0L XLT 2WD Front
Inner
Outer

2003 F-150 5.4L Lariat 2WD 5-lug Front
Inner
Outer

Usually the Ford OE bearings are USA or Japan. I will see if I have any in stock when I go to work on Monday, we don't usually stock the tapered bearings since we so rarely replace them.

About a year ago, maybe longer, I was able to find some Koyo (outer) and NTN (inner) bearings for my '02 2WD Ranger. NAPA had them under their "Altrom" line. The Koyos are made in Japan and the NTNs in the US. The Altrom line is a mixed bag of brands, but is generally higher quality, so if you have a NAPA hub store in your area you may want to check there. I also got some Koyo bearings for my 1994 Ranger 4x4 via the NAPA Altrom line.

Whatever Ford used originally is very good. My '02 still has the original front wheel bearings at 225K miles and was just recently aligned. They have been repacked 2-3 times. They are probably Torrington, which was bought by Timken and then someone else, so probably not an option anymore. I just bought the Koyo and NTN bearings to have something quality on hand...still sitting on the shelf.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back