Amazon order

Wife ordered Natures Bounty CoQ10 from Amazon, fulfilled by Smart Wellness. Order arrived today from a non descript residential address in a neighboring town. 1332 3rd Avenue, Toms River NJ. Some kind of LLC called Mo and Company. Owner of the property is Moshe whoever. I’m just curious as to the paper trail of this product. How does all this work?

I got two boxes of termite stakes off eBay. One came yesterday via USPS and one came today from FedEx. Both in Amazon packaging. Not the first time this has happened the eBay and Amazon packaging. The stuff was $5 a box cheaper on eBay.

Anything that goes into my body will be marked as sold and shipped by Amazon only.
I'm not taking supplements that some unknown third party has handled.

1717803976292.jpg

Wanna buy some NOS motor oil?? Maybe a few stashed filters? I’ll be selling all kinds of parts when I retire, it’ll probably make more than Dicial Security!

Wife ordered Natures Bounty CoQ10 from Amazon, fulfilled by Smart Wellness. Order arrived today from a non descript residential address in a neighboring town. 1332 3rd Avenue, Toms River NJ. Some kind of LLC called Mo and Company. Owner of the property is Moshe whoever. I’m just curious as to the paper trail of this product. How does all this work?

The truth you seek is highlighted in the OP.

The purchase was made from a third party seller business, which can take the form of a company with multiple employees operating from a large warehouse, here, or abroad, to a single individual working out of their own private home.

I got two boxes of termite stakes off eBay. One came yesterday via USPS and one came today from FedEx. Both in Amazon packaging. Not the first time this has happened the eBay and Amazon packaging. The stuff was $5 a box cheaper on eBay.

The packaging could be from Chewy, Pets.com or some other retailer as well, but the question is -- who sent the package?

eBay sellers can, and do, drop ship from Amazon, in which case they'd be the ones who fulfilled the order, but since one came via FedEx, that doesn't sound like the case. FedEx dropped Amazon as a client in 2019. (Yes, you read that correctly, FedEx opted not to continue the relationship.)

BITOG's favorite parts house, RockAuto, is by its very nature a drop shipper, whose "warehouses" all belong to someone else.

Those two eBay Terminate packages both had USPS labels even though one was delivered by Fed Ex. One came from a Amazon warehouse in IA and the other from Amazon warehouse in WI.

Anything that goes into my body will be marked as sold and shipped by Amazon only.

View attachment 223653

Yep.

I once ordered eye drops and it didn’t not come directly from Amazon (my mistake).

I tossed the eye drops in the trash.

Last edited:
People buy a large order of something at bulk discount. Inventory it at home. Sell it on Amazon for a profit.
This is the reason my neighbor down the street parks all of their cars on the street. Because their garage is packed to the rafters with stuff they're selling. One of their shipments inadvertently ended up on my front porch one day. I had to take it down to them in the pickup.

The truth you seek is highlighted in the OP.

The purchase was made from a third party seller business, which can take the form of a company with multiple employees operating from a large warehouse, here, or abroad, to a single individual working out of their own private home.

The packaging could be from Chewy, Pets.com or some other retailer as well, but the question is -- who sent the package?

eBay sellers can, and do, drop ship from Amazon, in which case they'd be the ones who fulfilled the order, but since one came via FedEx, that doesn't sound like the case. FedEx dropped Amazon as a client in 2019. (Yes, you read that correctly, FedEx opted not to continue the relationship.)

BITOG's favorite parts house, RockAuto, is by its very nature a drop shipper, whose "warehouses" all belong to someone else.
FedEx sometimes delivers for Amazon here. Usually it's USPS though. Couple months ago Amazon started delivering some of their own stuff.

That's nice, no more 45+ min trips to go get packages at the mail center.

View attachment 223653

A lot of "genuine" snake oil is sold and shipped by Amazon, too. ;)

FedEx sometimes delivers for Amazon here. Usually it's USPS though. Couple months ago Amazon started delivering some of their own stuff.

That's nice, no more 45+ min trips to go get packages at the mail center.

That could be due to the constraints related to your location.

Sometimes, when I read shipping terms, I feel for you guys in AK, HI, PR, etc. If they'll ship there at all.

Even in a major metropolitan area, with Amazon trucks traversing the streets every day, it will still task the USPS with the final mile delivery, which for me usually happens with the small stuff.

Judging by the stuff I order from overseas, I've found that logistics can often seem to be the opposite of what the term implies, especially for low-cost shipping methods.

At the least, a package will have two labels on it, from the original transit courier, to the final-mile courier. But the most I've ever seen had four or five, and passed through many hands around the globe to reach me.

In the modern world, it's much easier to set up a business that doesn't require the hard capital investments needed in the past, have it become very successful, with customers who have little to no idea as to how it operates.

Again, the Parts-House-BITOG-Loves-to-Hate-But-Can't-Stop-Patronizing, RockAuto, is probably the best, and still peristent example. Without a WorldPac, SSF, or other wholesalers who drop ship, a lot of online parts retailers wouldn't exist.

But more than once, when I've shopped for things, and see something interesting from an unfamiliar brand with a very nice, professional, and polished website…have found that in truth, the business operates from a mailbox rental storefront in a strip mall, when they dare to list a physical address in their contact information. Many don't.

Not saying that is, or isn't necessarly a sign of legitimacy, but if it's a costly item, or isn't commensurate with the image presented, the Spidey Senses do kick in.

Last edited:
A lot of "genuine" snake oil is sold and shipped by Amazon, too. ;)

That could be due to the constraints related to your location.

Sometimes, when I read shipping terms, I feel for you guys in AK, HI, PR, etc. If they'll ship there at all.

Even in a major metropolitan area, with Amazon trucks traversing the streets every day, it will still task the USPS with the final mile delivery, which for me usually happens with the small stuff.

Judging by the stuff I order from overseas, I've found that logistics can often seem to be the opposite of what the term implies, especially for low-cost shipping methods.

At the least, a package will have two labels on it, from the original transit courier, to the final-mile courier. But the most I've ever seen had four or five, and passed through many hands around the globe to reach me.

In the modern world, it's much easier to set up a business that doesn't require the hard capital investments needed in the past, have it become very successful, with customers who have little to no idea as to how it operates.

Again, the Parts-House-BITOG-Loves-to-Hate-But-Can't-Stop-Patronizing, RockAuto, is probably the best, and still peristent example. Without a WorldPac, SSF, or other wholesalers who drop ship, a lot of online parts retailers wouldn't exist.

But more than once, when I've shopped for things, and see something interesting from an unfamiliar brand with a very nice, professional, and polished website…have found that in truth, the business operates from a mailbox rental storefront in a strip mall, when they dare to list a physical address in their contact information. Many don't.

Not saying that is, or isn't necessarly a sign of legitimacy, but if it's a costly item, or isn't commensurate with the image presented, the Spidey Senses do kick in.

Amazon has a worehouse/sorting center at the Anchorage airport and they finished another warehouse out of an old Sears worehouse recently.

I was surprised they were running trucks out at home, I'm an hr from Anchorage.

It's taken the orders from around 7-10+ days to arrive to more around 5-7 days.

And they seem super anal on tracking. Like send msgs like this like they figure im sittingat home dancing around like I need to pee with excitment waiting on them... it's very rare I'm ordering stuff I NEED ASAP.

Like that was a JIC plug kit I've been saying I should get for probably 5+ years 🤣

Screenshot_20240609-113020_Amazon Shopping.jpg

My son who works for USPS said the reason some Amazons come FedEx with USPS labels is that USPS could not deliver in time and dumps then to FedEx.

Back