Amazon Fire Stick and Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
I did a post on this for my mother who dialed back her cable due to the expense-channels she never watched. ( Has basic cable now )
She is chronically ill and the Fire Stick has really worked for her. She watches old movies and shows.
Not into any of the current stuff except news.

I don't mind paying for her TV-cable etc.
But I currently have an aversion for Amazon other than this product which is great for her.
it makes her happy and that makes me happy. She is currently back in the hospital
frown.gif

So my ? is...……. If you dump Prime how does that effect the fire stick? As noted above current shows and movies are of no interest to her.
I did buy her Netflix but it was a bomb. Just not what she wanted to watch. Thanks all!

( I forgot if Prime is even required for the Fire Stick?)

Prime isn't required for the Firestick to work. You just wont get to watch Amazon Prime movies and TV shows. Amazon from what I've heard looks the other way if you use a Firestick attached to a Prime account that are getting shows from two IP addresses. So you could... . Don't abuse it guys.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
And download the Pluto app. I occasionally find something worth watching for free on it.

Thanks- Yes I did download Pluto- Her stick is to only one IP

I was using Yahoo for the movies and 123movies.com and others.

Have you, or she, ever used a roku?

Unless you have prime and/or love amazon the Roku offers more channels and has a better layout. I got my mom a Roku and a OTA antenna and she dropped all her cable/directTV. OTA Antenna got her all the local channels (4 majors and PBS) so she can watch local news/TV.

You can add PBS, history channels, Smithsonian channel, etc... to the roku. Most are free and offer a lot of older programs and documentaries.

I had a amazon stick but stopped using it and bought another Roku box. Have not used it in probably a year now. Layout was geared toward amazon and channel selection was lower. That and Youtube at the time worked fine on Roku but had to be side loaded to amazon last I checked.

Thanks. I'll look into it.
She needs nothing exotic but cable news and some old movies and shows at night.
I'm trying to keep her spirits up.
You know the older folks need their TV. I did get her a new one.

Yes, check out the Roku. I have it and its fantastic.

Originally Posted by Jimzz
Have you, or she, ever used a roku?

Unless you have prime and/or love amazon the Roku offers more channels and has a better layout. I got my mom a Roku and a OTA antenna and she dropped all her cable/directTV. OTA Antenna got her all the local channels (4 majors and PBS) so she can watch local news/TV.

You can add PBS, history channels, Smithsonian channel, etc... to the roku. Most are free and offer a lot of older programs and documentaries.

I had a amazon stick but stopped using it and bought another Roku box. Have not used it in probably a year now. Layout was geared toward amazon and channel selection was lower. That and Youtube at the time worked fine on Roku but had to be side loaded to amazon last I checked.

Plus 1000 on that sir. I love my Roku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back