Am I nuts for wanting new tires after only 14k?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just replaced the OE yokohama g95A's on my forester

they were probably the best oem tires I've had

decent ride, decent dry, fairly quiet except for rock noises.

the problem was subpar wet traction..

ie the road is damp= abs kicking in at wierd times.

I switched to some kumho 4x's

yokos were rated 300 BA yes B traction A temp.

Kumhos are 420 AA,A

So far with 300miles on the kumhos they are better at everything

only negatives so far is Slight flat spotting after sitting overnight.. goes away in 2-3 miles
and about 5-7% loss of fuel economy.
24 vs 26mpg

They arent broken in yet and the air is colder so its hard to tell the exact loss of MPG but I was expecting 5% as these are designed for traction not MPG

The traction is so much better its a freakin JOKE..

Sold the old ones.. triple rebate on the kumhos with a tirerack pricematch free shipping and they ate the tax = I'm happy

total out the door

For the amount I drive I'd rather have traction than MPG..
if I had a prius and commuted 30miles one way.. I might have chosen a different tire.

Originally Posted By: N7Quarian
e.

I changed to Pirelli Scorpion ATR's and they are fantastic. I mean look at where I managed to go with them.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...502#Post2664502

And its weird because these are the OE Tires on the F150 I believe. And a lot of people hate them.
I think up until recently F150s and other pickup trucks were excluded from CAFE standards. They were probably actually putting decent tires on them when you bought it. I believe in 2014 even pickup trucks will be subject to the standards.

Last edited:
If anyone cares, I ended up getting Kumho Ecsta 4X. $380 plus shipping for a set of four after $50 MIR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back