Am I biting off to much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: vintageant
Cadfaeltex - Saturday is here!

Let us know how you got on!

Yeah, I'm getting kinda' curious too. Maybe we should start a pool on how far he'll get...
grin.gif

(mental picture, bunch of guys standing around watching one guy work)

Well, didn't get to a darn thing. Between work, storms in the morning, and having to go get some paperwork signed across town, the day go away from me. I've decided to do it a bit at a time however. I'm wondering if I even need to the cam cover gasket. I spent about 45 minutes on Thursday night cleaning out the engine compartment so when I did get to working I'd have an easier place to work. The power steering pump I thought I'd need to replace does seem to be the origin of the slight leak. However, haven't seen a drop of oil around the can cover (or on the ground for that matter).

Reminds me, need to go take another look at it after a couple of long drives today.

Ok, still haven't had a chance to do much of anything but here's the revised plan (doing each on their own time slot)...

1. Do an oil change in conjuction with replacing the Cam Cover Gasket -- someone suggested that I might not need to change it, it is definitely seeping but not enough to get to the garage floor and haven't notice any usage at the dipstick - thoughts?

2. Do a LSD/Rear diff fluid change in conjuction with the rear bushing replacement.

3. Power steering pump replacement - may do this first since it isn't too hard and have everything I need on hand now.

4. the coolant and cooling system seem to be working great (even stop and go over 90 degrees).

5. eventually get to the transmission - still need to order the filter and get the ATF. It's shifting smooth and fine right now.

So there it is, revised into smaller bites. Thanks for everybody's help.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I am +1 with the PB Blaster. Also do you have a 2nd vehicle if you need additional parts or don't finish something?

Yep
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back