Aluminum Dorman Pentastar V6 oil cooler unavailable anywhere...except at "storedorman.com"...scam?

We’ve had to replace the some of the dormans we’ve been putting on already. Most of them haven’t even come due for another scheduled service and our drivers are too stupid / irresponsible to flag the vehicles for leaking, burning smells, oil lights, etc. so we don’t know they’re leaking till they come in for a scheduled service…haven’t seen many but I’ve sure seen more than none in the trash (used Dorman aluminum oil filter housings). I haven’t personally seen a failed Dorman, so I don’t know what the failure is. It could be simply seals, but I’m not sure.

I also got the gist you guys are having problems locating the parts? Not sure if the general public can order from jasper, but I think ours come from jasper innovative solutions but have Dorman instructions in them, pretty safe to bet they’re Dorman parts. We aren’t having any trouble getting them anymore.

Not sure if the general public can order from jasper, but I think ours come from jasper innovative solutions but have Dorman instructions in them,
If it's a Dorman unit, it will say Dorman on the bottom, along with their logo and patent number. It's part of the casting.

Out of personal curiosity, and because I want to know what's possible with the Pentastar: what type of oil (make, viacosity, etc) are you running in these fleet vehicles.

Yesterday I put Mobil 1 FS 5W-30 in my 2022 Durango, and fuel mileage seems to have taken a hit. I was running Mobil 1 EP 5W-30 in it.

If it's a Dorman unit, it will say Dorman on the bottom, along with their logo and patent number. It's part of the casting.

Out of personal curiosity, and because I want to know what's possible with the Pentastar: what type of oil (make, viacosity, etc) are you running in these fleet vehicles.

Yesterday I put Mobil 1 FS 5W-30 in my 2022 Durango, and fuel mileage seems to have taken a hit. I was running Mobil 1 EP 5W-30 in it.
5w20 semi synthetic or 5w30 (unsure if semi synthetic or regular oil) depending on which dispenser the tech chooses to dump in it. They’re both Duralene bulk oil. At first we were running them on 6 month intervals. Now we supposedly still are, but we typically only see them in about every 18 months we’re so behind…and only allowed to change the oil if the oil change minder is on (which our road repair guys reset all the time when the drivers complain about the warning). Genius right?!

Back