Alternator prices for Honda J35 o_O

Last time I got an alternator for a Honda J35 I think I got a new Bosch at Pepboys for about $230 with a $30-$40 core return. This was probably like 6-7 years ago. I needed one yesterday for an Odyssey and they are $429 for a reman at Napa! I would have ordered one off Rockauto (WAI Global reman - $209) but I couldn't wait for it. o_O

3 weeks ago I got a new 145 amp Delco Gold for my Chevy 5.3 for $160 from Rock Auto with free shipping and no core charge.

I've had good luck buying used but OEM parts on ebay. Starters, alternators, ps pumps, blower motors, etc. I try and find one from the newest year that will work and low miles. I recently bought a used starter off of a 2021 HRV for a 2012 Civic. Same part number.

I've had good luck buying used but OEM parts on ebay. Starters, alternators, ps pumps, blower motors, etc. I try and find one from the newest year that will work and low miles. I recently bought a used starter off of a 2021 HRV for a 2012 Civic. Same part number.
OP needs something today. It's a sucky place to be in.

That's one service they provide to make their money.

See if there's a starter/alternator shop near you. One might keep rebuilds in common sizes in stock.
Shop near me, was more interested in selling me their own reman at the price denso sell their remans. When i inquired about rebuilding mine, the price went up 2x and unknown time frame.

I would love to support local shops, but make it make sense.

A lot of J35 alternators die because the Front Rocker Arm OCV leaks and drips onto the alternator. Make sure that isn't the cause of your failure:

100%. Make sure you have no leak by your dipstick tube area going on the alternator

Real
Common and will be replacing that again soon if you don’t fix that cause. You can put a rag if sorts there to catch new oil if you have that issue. Its obviously temporary though

napa professional rebuilds are done right if they still exist while others may not be, so check for correct output!! i tried THREE that fit my old car + NONE output correctly, BUT the Napa was on the car when i sold it!! cant just go by price!! if i were paying an installer those cheepies would be $$$$

Yeah, it was because of an oil leak. Honda Service Bulletin 20-023. The leak was fixed at the time of alternator replacement.

Back