Allright questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
2006 Ford Freestyle-about to get new tires, leaning to the Goodyear assurance(gas mileage) i have always had Valvoline change the oil 5w 20. Plan on keeping car awhile just hit 60,000. thinking royal purple for oil and a new kn air filter, what would be my best bet on oil filter? also any objections to royal puple?

My personal opinion is Royal Purple is over priced. Why not just stay with Valvoline? I believe changing your oil regularly is much more important than the brand of oil used. With that said I am no advocate of extended oil changes and that is only the way to recoup any costs of Royal Purple. I would also use Motorcraft oil filters, they are reasonably priced, well built and especially speced for your car. Id stick with Valvoline, motorcraft oil filters and change your oil between 3000 and 5000 and your car will live a long life, or the motor will anyway. P>S Assurance are nice tires, no argument there.

Everyone will have opinions but in my opinion MotorCraft filter - you can spend more but might not get more. If you are going to get a designer oil filter like a RP then get something good to flow through it like M1, PP, or the greatest oil ever developed by man (according to the hundreds of post on BITOG about it w/o one single UOA as yet) PU.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lewdwig
How many miles planned between oil changes?

>1
crackmeup2.gif
i couldn't resist.

"My wife cranks car and takes off. "

God, no matter how many times I tell my wife to wait at LEAST a few minutes, she does the same [censored] all the time.

Start and go.

It doesn't sink in!
18.gif

Originally Posted By: shrooms

God, no matter how many times I tell my wife to wait at LEAST a few minutes,

Waiting several minutes does nothing but wastes fuel, especially in a place like Tennessee where it doesn't really get that cold.

I never wait more than a few seconds, and there hasn't been any excessive wear reported on UOAs. As long as you have the right oil and take it easy while the engine is still cold, I don't see a problem.

Here is what you do:

1. If you like Valvoline, use regular old white bottle Valvoline and change it every 5,000 miles.

2. Use a Motorcraft filter.

3. Good choice on tires.

4. Tell wife to start car, check her lipstick one more time in the rearview mirror, then drive off.

Only spend more on oil if you're going to get the value of extended drains. If 5k oci's are your thing than stick with Valvoline White Bottle and MC filter. If you want to go up to 10k look at something moderately priced like Pennzoil Platinum (on sale of course), also with an MC filter. If you want to do even more miles between oil changes you'll need an extended drain oil like EP, Edge, Amsoil and a better filter like M1, RP, or Amsoil's EaO.

Johnny, what have I told you about stalking my wife? If your gonna stalk her at least take he out to dinner and shopping and maybe sit thru a chic flick w/her. Thanks i will start on the MC filter. good site like it alot.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: shrooms

take it easy while the engine is still cold, I don't see a problem.

That's the problem. She doesn't take it easy. Start car and GO!

An 0W-20 synthetic would give the engine better lubrication on cold starts. You can more than recoup the cost by doubling the OCI. I am very disappointed my Wally's doesn't have the 0W-30 Mobil 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back