Allison Trans Fluid vs DT 12

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but does anyone know if I can use the Allison recommended Trans fluid Castrol Transyn 668 in My 2016 DT12 auto trans?

The data I found said the 2016 and older DT12 (automated manual) transmission requires MB 235.11, which is 75w-90. Allison TES 668 is an automatic transmission fluid that has a much lower viscosity. No you can't use TES 668 fluid in your very expensive DT12 transmission. You should use a MB 235.11 spec fluid.

Thanks for your reply I guess after 40 years of trucking and finally succumbing to the ease of an auto trans I'm not up on fluids, I thought that if its 75W 90 then it was the same viscosity? but I appreciate the reply

I thought the TES 668 was 75W but I just realized the site that said it was is probably wrong! gotta love the internet

Thanks for your reply I guess after 40 years of trucking and finally succumbing to the ease of an auto trans I'm not up on fluids, I thought that if its 75W 90 then it was the same viscosity? but I appreciate the reply
It's not an "auto" in the traditional sense of transmissions. What you have is an auto shifting manual transmission. Essentially the same transmission you shifted for 40 years, with a mechanism and computer on top of it clutching and shifting for you.

so is it natural to assume that gear oil as long as it is 75W 90 would be acceptable to run?

Back