All MC oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
seem to shear alot. I know that the transmissions are very hard on the oil, even synthetic juice. What synthetic MC 10w40 holds up the best?

You'll find that just about all of them shear (as you've noticed).

I'm assuming that you want an oil not to shear so that you can be assured that it will protect your engine better.

But if you look at the UOA's of the oils which did NOT shear much at all, they're not any better at keeping down the wear metal counts than oils that dropped a grade during use.

In fact, the best UOA's on the board as far as the condition of the engine are from oils which sheared from 50 weight to 40...

So don't get too worried about how well the oil looks when it comes out. Focus more on the condition of the engine (wear metals)...
wink.gif

Dan

Originally Posted By: meeze
seem to shear alot. I know that the transmissions are very hard on the oil, even synthetic juice. What synthetic MC 10w40 holds up the best?

Amsoil IMO but I would try their 15w40

Last edited:
If I ever get a shared sump bike it will get nothing but Amsoil based on all the real world experiences of friends who have Vrods. They all end up with Amsoil because it holds up better than M-1, Syn3, RP or Rotella Syn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back