Alignment report Impreza.

Can someone look at this Alignment report and tell me if these little changes would have effect?

2019 Impreza. Highway speeds 60+ the car wonders all over the place. Required constant corrections to steering. Changed wheels, tires, and install a steering dampner. The impreza/crosstrek steering linkage has a soft rubber ****per in it. The part stiffens the flex in this. Just had an alignment done. I dont know what else to check. The suspension mounts and bushings look solid. Lifted the car and tried to move/wobble and see if any play was present. None.
impreza_align.jpg

Don't Subarus tend to wonder more than FWD and RWD vehicles because they are supposed to have zero toe front and rear?

'before' measurement says:

- front toe was out of place (essentially zero toe instead of toe in)
- rear toe was on high side (sadly factory spec is missing)

That would explain your complaints. However 'after' measurement values
do look much better. You didn't tell if you noticed any improvement. What
about it? Sadly caster values are missing. What steering damper? The vast
majority of modern cars doesn't come with a (hydraulic) steering damper
and I hardly can imagine how you'd retrofit one.
Your car should drive ok now. If it doesn't it's not due to static geometry
but bushings, tires etc..

What tires? The low RR tires can make wind gusts blow you out of your lane.

Steering damper?? tell us more.

The dampner is really just a CNC metal 2 piece clamping device that lessens the flex of the rubber dampner between the two u-joint shafts. The Subaru rubber dampner is known to be too soft. Many have used it with solving results. After all the above changes the car has improved. I would not say its resolved but about 75% better. Tech said caster was not adjustable and fixed.

Tires are 225/40 18s Vredestein Quatrac Pro

dampner.png

The alignment looks really good actually; almost everything matches left-to-right versus making everything green.

Back