Overactive VSC on 2005 Toyota Sequoia

2005 Sequoia 2wd. Taking corners at any decent rate of speed activates the stability control with the beeping and ABS actuation. I don’t recall this being an issue prior to changing the worn steering rack bushings…
I’ve tried doing the zero point calibration without any change. Live data seems to show proper wheel speed readings and steering angle sensor seems to smoothly track the turning of the wheel lock to lock. Yaw sensor maybe? I don’t know what values to look for.
Alignment is good, just had it checked yesterday.
Maybe something for the dealer to diagnose? We live in a small town with lots of windy roads, so this is really getting annoying. Any help is appreciated.
3D0CEF63-45E2-4DC3-BF92-61BC16457FC4.jpeg

It may have “learned” some amount of slop in the old system, and now it’s behaving differently. I wonder if there’s a way to do some sort of adaptives reset.

How does the stability control work? Where does the information come from for the computer to know the stability?

I don't know either what yaw rates the ABS expects, but if this is happening at moderate speeds, add pressure to the front tyres. This should decrease the slip angles of the front tyres and reduce understeer (more yaw). If that makes matters worse, reduce the air pressure.

If you find something that improves things, you can probably do the opposite on the rear axle.

Key is to do 1 thing at a time.

Same steering rack, right? You didn’t install a different rack with perchance a differing steering ratio?

Back