Aircraft ferry pilot Bob Allen

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Came across aircraft ferry pilot Bob Allen on Facebook. At first, I thought he was certified to fly A32X series aircraft. A few videos later, I see he has ferried B787, A330, and others.

I am surprised to learn that pilots can be qualified to fly AND BE CURRENT to fly numerous mainline aircraft.

On a personal note- glad to know I am not the only old guy that "needs to take a picture of the airport parking spot location" when parking, so one can remember their parking location upon returning to the airport.

What I found most interesting about the video, was shortly after the enterprise started running, the newly started enterprise worked on "PUTTING PROCESS TOGTHER." Lack of processes and missing the absolute critical need of processes is the number one reasons small business fail- something rarely discussed. No wonder these guys are doing well and having fun at work- they under processes. I know, sounds crazy but processes are a key task, maybe the key task, that is so frequently overlooked. It should be noted processes and procedures ARE NOT THE SAME THING.

Here is a video on his and his partner's career:

Last edited:
Back