air compressor grease guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

par

I went ahead a bought a small air compressor and now I'm thinking about getting a grease gun that works on compressed air.

Anybody have any experience and/or suggestions?

Thanks.

The pneumatic gun that Lincoln offers is probably the most economical model on the market. There are others that are a bit faster at emptying a cartridge (like in 30 secs.), but they will typically cost twice what the Lincoln model does.

I have used a pneumatic hand-held Snap-On grease gun for the last fifteen years and I like it. Only problem is, if loaded with grease in a cartridge they get air-bound sometimes and it is a hassle bleeding the air out. A few years ago I switched to bulk-loading the gun with a grease filler pump from National Spencer. I buy the grease in five gallon pails. I take care of a few trucks.

they can pump alot of grease fast so be careful with it. it is really easy to blow seals off with too much grease too fast. if you don't do alot of greasing then I don't recommend one.

I have used a lincoln and it worked great for my application.

I have one of the Lincoln guns and it works well. I tried a cheap Chinese no name model first. It made it through all of 2 tubes of grease before failing.

Spend the money on the Lincoln. You won't regret it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back