AIG paying out the Big Bonuses!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: newpassatt
I guess that's what the American people deserve when they voted in the current President. Do you really believe nobody saw this coming? As far as bonuses are concerned, I think it's very poor business judgment to pay them; a bonus is just that, a reward for a job well done. It has nothing to do with any bailout money given to them by the American people. The government does NOT belong in the private business sector. This bonus payout just points out the fact that this is a poorly run business and should be allowed to fail. Giving them more of my money obviously will not change anything. Keep the gov't out of our lives as much as possible!

Ummmmmm, it was Bush who bailed out AIG.
56.gif

Last edited:
Once more unto the trough, dear friends, once more ..and fill Wall St up with our worthless debt!

I blame the basic greed of many Americans. To make more and more money, to use and abuse people to do so. To want more and more things at the expense of others. To believe that needs and wants are the same.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
I guess that's what the American people deserve when they voted in the current President.

That bailout happened 9/16/2008.
It is the whole government. The politicians have been having a keggar party with our tax money over the years and have sold out the U.S.A to the highest bidder . Though most people have no clue.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

Ummmmmm, it was Bush who bailed out AIG.
56.gif

Bush ASKED for the bailout. The congress happily gave him the money. (Well, after a couple of votes.)

So they are all involved, not just the president.

Ditto for budgets. Folks say this president overspent, or that one balanced the budget, when in reality, the president sends a budget request and CONGRESS creates the final budget.

The political ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

Quote:
I blame the basic greed of many Americans. To make more and more money, to use and abuse people to do so.

Its not like people are begging to make less and less money.

If any employee at any company earned a bonus, the company is obligated to pay it...... whether its a $100 or $1 million.

At my employer, bonuses are contingent on actually making a profit or making financial goals. So they are NOT automatic.

I want more, but I don't think I'm OWED a bonus just for showing up, etc.

It seems the culture in the financial sector is the bonus is really just part of the salary, regardless how the company does.

Most of the rest of the world, the bonus is sharing the profits with the employees.

Therefore, no profits, no bonus.

So others, like me are questioning bonus payouts when there are serious losses.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
I guess that's what the American people deserve when they voted in the current President. Do you really believe nobody saw this coming? As far as bonuses are concerned, I think it's very poor business judgment to pay them; a bonus is just that, a reward for a job well done. It has nothing to do with any bailout money given to them by the American people. The government does NOT belong in the private business sector. This bonus payout just points out the fact that this is a poorly run business and should be allowed to fail. Giving them more of my money obviously will not change anything. Keep the gov't out of our lives as much as possible!

Tempest?

No. I only have one account here. Nice try though.

The real story is that AIG is being used to launder money to other people.
Quote:
Goldman Sachs Group Inc and a parade of European banks were the major beneficiaries of $93 billion in payments from AIG -- more than half of the U.S. taxpayer money spent to rescue the massive insurer.

http://in.news.yahoo.com/137/20090316/371/tbs-aig-massive-payments-to-banks-stoke.html
So everyone is up in arms over $160 million in bonuses to Americans yet they have transferred tens of billions to foreign banks and there is barely a mention.
smirk2.gif

WAKE UP.

NY attorney general wants names and numbers of receivers. He is actually trying to prevent $168 million from entering his state's economy. How moronic can you be? Is this any different from stimulus? NO.

Almost forgot. The morons in DC put no limitations on what these companies do with the money and now they come back and complain....
smirk2.gif

Last edited:
Hey, pal ..if they have nothing to hide ..they have nothing to fear. I'm sure that the information is available through some agency ..legally. You just can't pay out millions without the tax man (your favorite pal) getting wind of it ..or at least a solid accounting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back