after market news letter

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just received this from a VW after market company. what di you think?

We receive many phone calls from our customers asking which engine oil best suits their needs. What is the difference between the oils that you carry? Are they comparable to the choices I have at my local auto parts store? What do the numbers 5w40 mean? Do I have to use VW / Audi approved oils?

When it comes to engine oil there is always a perfect choice for every possible situation. The most important part is to know what "weight" of oil is recommended for your vehicle. The "weight" of the oil are the two numbers that can be found on the bottle. In a 5w40 oil the 5w stands for winter viscosity, meaning that the oil must have a certain viscosity at low temperatures. If you live in a cold climate, it would be beneficial to use a 5w or 0w oil in the winter. The second number refers to the viscosity when the oil is fully warmed up. Most VW and Audi vehicles tend to love a solid 5w40 oil.

Liqui Moly - This is hands down our most popular oil brand. Liqui Moly is a German oil brand that meets or exceeds VW / Audi specifications. We offer Liqui Moly for both gas and diesel engines. Liqui Moly can be considered an "everyday driver" oil, it will also work great on lightly modified vehicles. It offers superb protection while not breaking the bank. We offer Liqui Moly in 0w30, 0w40, 5w30, 5w40, 10w40, and 10w60.

Motul - This is the oil you want to use if you have a high performance motor. We highly recommend using Motul if you have turbo upgrades or supercharger pulley upgrades. Motul is very well known in the high-revving motorcycle racing industry and have brought that knowledge to the auto industry.

Total - If you've ever heard of Elf oil then you will know all about Total. This is a French oil company which has been around for years. Their bottling plant is only 20 minutes from our NJ warehouse and we have partnered up with them to bring you an incredible oil at an amazing discount. We highly doubt you will find Total oil for a lower price. The INEO line of Total is very popular with our diesel crowd.

Castrol - If you look under your hood you might find an oil cap with Castrol on it. Most dealerships use Castrol oil for their oil changes. Although we personally recommend any of the three choices above for gasoline engines, the Castrol Edge line is amazing for diesels.

Pentosin - We have customers that say that Pentosin has helped their high mileage engines perform better as well as keep the crankcase clean. We carry both gasoline and diesel oil options from Pentosin. This is also one of the most popular choices among mechanics.

What's the Difference?

What are the differences between the oils you carry and those that can be found at my local auto parts store? Compatibility.

All of our oils conform to the applicable Audi & VW Oil Quality Standard. This means that they are formulated to meet or exceed the specs put out by your vehicles manufacturer. We have done extensive research when it comes to the oils that we carry and we guarantee that your motor will work more efficiently, burn less oil, and have a longer life when you choose any of our motor oils.

The motor oils that you find locally will not have the same cleaning detergents nor be formulated to work with your specific vehicles make. Choosing an approved oil will keep your car on the road longer while keeping you free from oil sludge and other oil related issues.

Another item to avoid at your local auto parts stores are their filters. Cartridge filters tend to collapse, which will cause the oil flowing through to not be filtered. We have received countless emails asking if our OEM filters from MANN, Hengst, and Mahle will perform the same, they won't. OEM filters are guaranteed to work without issue on any Audi or Volkswagen vehicle.

Note: We recommend changing your oil at 5k miles. Although certain cars have a 10k mile interval that is simply too long to keep motor oil in a vehicle. A 10k interval will eventually lead to oil pressure and sludge problems. We also recommend to always carry a spare quart/liter of our engine oil in case the engine oil needs topping off while on the road.

Even a 12 year old can detect the "salesmanship" going on here.
What's a "motor oil that you find locally" Mobil 1 EP?

A few months ago i stated that it´s O.K. to change the Oil a little bir earlier at 10.000 Km / 1 Year in a German VW golf forum.
All other members called me a "Insane Waster" in a allmost rude way, because i dont go 15.000 Km with the oil and change it so early.
laugh.gif

Got that same email the other day, they're catering to the enthusiast trying to sell them boutique oils.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back